Old Manor Estate Residents

The Addy family lived on Alison Crescent about 2 doors down from corner of Ravencarr rd I think.

I bumped in Tony Addy last summer after about 30 years and in the Turf and had a right old catchup. Happy days

Hey there...

we lived on Ravencarr road in early 80's... 'moen's'.....a few doors up there were the Lewins & can't really rem much else ...I was around 8...I do rem my very good friend marie medley (who has sadly passed)....The Manor was such a fun place 2 grow up, money was scarce but we all knew how 2 have a good time regardless lol! (I do rem that name 'fletcher'...i've seen posts on here)

:roll:

I thought it was called st switherns

LOL I remember troggy pushing his cart along and getting uncle george to fix the tv's that he found.. Mum is ok by the way she had herfirst operation yesterday. x

anybody who lived on the manor must have seen troggy and his cart, he was and still is a legend . i lived on fairfax road,just below the tennis courts,as a nipper until i married in the early seventies and in between playing on "ten town" and the tip until i could get in the snooker dive (under the manor pictures) or the manor hotel,i accrued some great memories of that smashing estate and made some great friends over those years ....happy days.

I thought it was called st switherns

there is a church on Bassledene/ Cary road called St Swithuns, bacardi...

hi i used to live on fitzhubert road 70s 80s i'm looking for annette nicholson she used to live on windy house lane at the cross roads with fitzhubert road and she had 3 sisters not sure on names but also a brother called robert would really like to here from her or anyone who knows her thanks :)

Edited by pinnacles
spelling mastake

Does anyone remember my Sister-In-Law Christine Dixon living on Payler Close???

Hi all you true manor people,i am one of the trainers at the manor boxing gym based in pipworth school,i was born on the manor went to pipworth and waltheof and used this gym when i was at waltheof,mr ranson use to bring us across in the mini bus to do gymnastics,so this gym holds big memories for me...in march it was robbed for all the scrap metal and they left the place flooded and smashed to bits...the manor needs a boxing gym for all the young people with nothing to do and who are full of aggresion breaking the law,smoking drinking and genrally up to no good,we open from 4.30pm till 6.30pm monday to friday and everyone is welcome,just 1 more thing..... a young manor lad called dale hutchinson who lived just outside the gates of waltheof school was a nuisance and a drinker from 12years old came in the gym and as the years have passed he turned proffesional in the sport and now a very clean living and respectable 23year old man has a full time job as well as his boxing well on the 22nd of september he will fight for his first major title at don valley stadium,the british masters welterweight title,he tops the bill in his own town for the first time ever and we would love all true manor folk to get behind him on the night,tickets are £30 or £55 vip ringside which includes hot food and waitress service to your tables,there are 8 more support fights on this dennis hobson promotions,call 07587320282 for details

hi

i lived on manor estate from 64 to around 86 and lived on alison crescent but cannot remember the redfearns. do you remember any other names from that time?

I lived on Alison crescent number 65 until they pulled it down garry Andrews did you know Richard and shaun grezick or the jacksons

Did anyone know charlie spriggs, lived on fitzhubert rd in the fiftys.

Hello Roy, yes I knew Charlie ,he was my brother Barry Hunts close friend sadly they passed away quite few years ago. I am Jack Hunt and we lived on Woodthorpe Close and at the time I think you lived close by I remember the drinking parties we enjoyed when mom and dad were away on holiday I hope you are keeping well kind regards Jack Hunt

i lived on alison cresent some years ago before they knocked them down i can remember a family called the bookers and i remember a family who lived close by to them i cant remember their name but there were 5 girls i think one was called janet they went to pipworth junior school ca anybody remember them :huh:
I was born on manor in 1953 and I had 4 sisters one called Janet we lived at 39 narlowe close till 1965 surname Hayes