Are there any record stores within the City Centre?

I've just joined the forum as i would like some help, i plan on going into sheffield in the coming weeks and i would like to know if there is any record stores within the city center as i've never really been anywhere other than meadowhall so i would'nt really know where to start.

If there is any that you may happen to know of could you mention the store(s) name along with where they are located as that would help alot, thanks.

------

Marc

Record Collector in Broomhill - not town I know, but not far... :)

Reflex records at the top of the moor.

Thanks for all of quick replys & suggestions. Is the '' Jacks '' far away from the train station?

Jacks is definately the best.

Well it was, but ever since that golden eagle came in through the window and flew off with all the Reggae 12 inchers, I haven't felt like going in quite so often.

No-one's mentioned Rare'n'Racy yet - is that still there?

Thanks for all of quick replys & suggestions. Is the '' Jacks '' far away from the train station?

I would guesstimate at about 20 minutes walk from the station. Up howard street, thro the subway, up Surry st past the Town Hall, up barker's pool onto Division street.

What about that dancey one upstairs in Orchard Square? Is that still there?

[mbatey]

The best one is Spin City Records on Westfield Terrace just round the corner from Jacks. Westfield Terrace runs between 2 main roads- West St/ Divison St...look for it on Google maps.....tons of 7 inch singles and LPs...the only place for vinyl in Sheffield

Don't bother go to Nottingham and ask at tourist information for Selectadisc (may now be called Sister Ray). When I went the girl gave me a map and marked the location of the shop. Much better store. Nothing in the whole of Sheffield to match it.

Or go to London.

http://www.selectadisc.co.uk/

Another thing Sheffield definately needs. Is a record shop that caters for djs. No rip off prices. Just good vinyl, cds at good prices. I find a lot of shops especially the 2nd hand shops are just way over priced with there vinyl. Hence why so many choose shopping on the net. The thrill of going to a good record shop in Sheffield had gone since the days of Warp and early Fopp. Coolwax did there best but most of the stuff I like was very rare or limited to a few copies per order. Sods law I suppose. I still go down to London on the off chance and shop at Uptown records and UDM. Even the Sheffield record fairs are overpriced and rip off on the prices and that supposed to be a sale.