What is your favourite Sheffield Park?

I can remember going to Rivelin as alittle kid (vaguely), so took my 5 year old there last week.

It gets my vote now ahead of Hillsborough. He had a ball in the ponds and the swing area is clean from graffiti.

Nice cup of coffee in the cafe as well.

North Sheffield really struggles for nice parks IMO. Grenoside park is one big slope and a play area which is being vandalised constantly. Chapeltown and Ecclesfield parks are also going the same way.

I can remember going to Ecclesfield park and being there all day. 1st the putting green, a game of tennis, a game of bowls and then a paddle in the paddling pool. You'd go on the swings if you had nothing left to do!

Bring back park keepers or the park patrol!

Jim

Hillsborough Park, there's so many memories for me there. Feeding the ducks as a young lad, especially.

I use 3 parks, all for different reasons:

Graves park, its about 3 mins from my house, so I tend to walk there with the dog, great for feeding ducks and looking at animals.

Millhouses park, we go there to play basketball with kids, dog splashes about in the river and good to take a picnic.

Norfolk park, has the best playground for the kids(and us) to run riot, and let off some steam!

Really torn between Meersbrook and Graves.

You cannot beat the view from the top at Meersbrook- every day it changes and you can spend ages counting the cranes and working out what is what.

Graves is brill as there are so many things to do and great walks to take.

All the parks are like hidden gems in a way as they are always changing.

Just had to post this article in the hopes that Richmond Park one day will be up there among your favourite park’s.

“Friends of Richmond Park”

We are only a small group of local people , whose aim is to regenerate Richmond Park for all ages.

Many of you will have memories of what Richmond Park was like and the facilities which it once held.

The FORP Group is yet in its early stages. With ideas and visions of how Richmond Park could become the centre of the community. Richmond Park is such a valuable asset to the whole of the community and is right on your doorstep. In today’s society with all life’s stress and turmoil’s, it will be an asset to be able to walk, play, exercise in a large open green space.

Help FORP put Richmond Park back on the map.

Do you wish to see facilities for example:

• Playground facilities for your children

• Areas of quite reflections : perhaps a garden with seating

• Football pitches

We really do need your support . Why not come along to our next meeting… Raise a question, suggestion.

Our next meeting is;

Wednesday 19th September 2007 at 7pm

St Catherine’s Church Hall

Richmond Road.

Mine has to be Endcliffe and I dont think you can beat the walk from there all the way through Whitely Woods passed the Shepherds wheel to Forge Dam which is where the best slide in Sheffield is situated (as mentioned by the poster) not that I go down it anymore but I used to love it when I was a kid and now my daughter loves it.

Its just a pity that Forge Dam its self has been left to rot and is now all silted up and looks terrible bring back the boats !

Concord park for me . Spent most of my childhood on there :)

Can't believe rother valley country park has been left out, although fair enough it's not exactly in Sheffield from what I gather it's only about 2 mins over the derbyshire border so it's sheffield to me. Other than that it's Graves, I used to like endcliffe but it has died a horrible death in my eyes as we spent nearly every day up there last year when my partner was in the 3rd trimester, yeah I'd say Graves...didn't even know it existed until last weekend despite nearly 6yrs in sheffield :huh:

Graves park is good for the Kids (Animals to look at). Meersbrook good for a quick walk round for me as its just round the corner.

I like Millhouses. I used to think it was a bit dull, but I walk from my house to the supermarket through it several times a week and there's always so much going on. People playing tennis, the bowling folks, footballers, skaters and kids on bikes.

Gives me a real sense of community!