Is There A Music Zone In Sheffield

Is there a music zone in Sheffield or surrounding area - I have a voucher for them but i have sneeking suspision that they may have ceased trading. Any one know.

THANK YOU

Yes it shut down it,was on the Moor

fopp bought them out then went bust so they are no more.

I dont think there is a music zone left in the country, Fopp brought the company and they went bankrupt a few weeks ago. There are rumours that HMV might be buying some parts of the company but only in places they have not got a HMV shop already

...on January 3, 2007, the company went into administration, with 31 stores across the UK closing two weeks later.

On January 25, 2007, all stores ceased trading; the Head Office was closed on 30 January 2007, and the company ceased trading altogether with debts of ₤31 million.

On 5 February, rival retailer Fopp announced it would be taking over 67 of the remaining stores as well as some of Music Zone's Stockport head office and Denton warehouse facilities, the administrator, Deloitte, turning down a Music Zone management bid to take a significant number of the stores themselves.

On 29th June 2007, Fopp went into administration, resulting in the closure of all remaining Music Zone shops.

From Wiki: Music Zone

I saw a Music Zone shop open in Barnsley a week last Friday ago.

I saw a Music Zone shop open in Barnsley a week last Friday ago.

Different company then as the chain went bust last year and Fopp bought all the shops which, some say, led to Fopp also going bust.

Different company then as the chain went bust last year and Fopp bought all the shops which, some say, lead to Fopp also going bust.

Fopp made a very simple mistake, when they brought music zone they didn't realise they would also be taking on the debt that music zone had accrued. They were very badly advised

thats a guess i assume. the details of the deal were never disclosed fully, even to the staff.

Fopp made a very simple mistake, when they brought music zone they didn't realise they would also be taking on the debt that music zone had accrued.

That was a pretty big mistake to be fair! :D