Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

Went on Valentines day ............. the food was precooked and reheated ........... table was 3/4 of an hour late andthey havnt had the decncy to reply to an email I sent ........ all in all not one to be recommended

Turned up about 5pm on a Tuesday. Me and the better half had two absolutely dire glorified bangers and mash. Terrible quality sausages and then after we had eaten they turned all the lights on and had a manager's meeting and said they were closed at about 6oclock LOL Won't ever ever be going back there! Was really looking forward to a quiet relaxing chat with my girl not to be told thanks for paying us some extortionate fee and k thx bye.

Undz- could you please contact us with details on which Tuesday this happened?

None of us can remember this meeting happening, as we do not hold a managers meeting on a Tuesday. The only time we closed early was due to the snow, and that Mushroom lane was not gritted, causing a hazard for our guests.

We did also close early on a Tuesday due to lack of bookings, but this was late evening and we were empty.

The sausage you speak of are actually made of venison, and i can assure you that in no way are these of bad quality, the price on our invoice from the local butcher can vouch for that!

I know you have had a great meal at the Dam House before, and you have even spoke of our fantastic Sausage and Mash as the best you have ever tasted, so it disappoints us when we found out that we got it wrong this time around.

We look forward to hearing from you via email, letter or this forum so we can rectify this situation and reply to you in person.

Edited by The Damhouse

Went on Valentines day ............. the food was precooked and reheated ........... table was 3/4 of an hour late and they haven't had the decency to reply to an email I sent ........ all in all not one to be recommended

Sheff66 - We have not received an email from you or any one regarding the lack of service. On that night we had quite a few positive comments as regards to the food and service.

We do take on board there was a wait for tables, but due to being valentines night and that we are not fast food, we did not to rush our guests.

We do not pre-cook food or reheat food as there is no need to. We would invite you in to our kitchen if you wish to see our "mis en plas".

With the free glass of champagne in the bar we gave away, we thought this would be a great touch, and that it gave time for diners to read the menu. We do apologise if the wait was too long.

We have recently changed our email address, so you may be using the wrong one.

Our telephone number is still the same, and on our web site is a contacts page.

We will never ignore emails from guests, so please check that you have the right email address.

Shaun, the general manager, looks forward to hearing from you some time soon rather than trying to answer your issues over this forum.

Edited by The Damhouse

I had amazing sausage and mash from there, it was wicked!

Undz - sorry it was not that amazing this time. I have passed your comments to the chef and we will look in to going back to the type of sausage you had back then rather than the venison one you had this time.

The first sausage and Mash I had was a good 1-2 years ago and it was a thinner sausage in some fancy sauce (wasbi sauce I believe), it was very good and worthy of comment! As for your comment about closing early it was definately around 6-7 o clock and honestly, I would have MUCH rather been told that you would be closing 10 mins after we finished our meal... Only fair play really.

Now taking bookings for Mothers Day 2009 - 22nd March

Sunday roasts and more to choose from.

Call 0114 267 6551 to book your table.

KIDS EAT FREE – Children are welcome at our park restaurant, and they can eat free with each adults main meal purchased from 12 noon until 6pm.

The Dam House Bar and Restaurant is situated in an idyllic location in Sheffield's Crookes Valley Park overlooking the lake.

It is approached by road via Mushroom Lane which is to the left of Weston Park Museum, Broomhill and opposite Sheffield Childrens Hospital.

Mushroom Lane is a one-way street.

Do you mean Mothering Sunday?

Mothers Day is the most popular term I think these days... or may be the one restaurants use?

.... good idea though to start a thread on the subject to see what people call it!

Has anyone been latley? My husband and me are thinking of going for my birthday next week. What's it like, must admit menu looks nice :thumbsup:

I would like to know also, never been but used to see it derelict every day when I passed and was pleased to see it back up and running.

They do free kids meals b4 five each day.