Monteney School ex pupils

Anyone go to monteney infants and juniors from 1968-1974?

Yes, but I was a little earlier than you. 1958 to 1964. I seem to remember Mr Wright was head at one of the schools, but not sure. I lived on Brailsford Road and I can remember The Fighting **** being built, and later on the shops at the top of Brailsford Road.

you lived just around the corner from us we lived on monteney rd.The head teacher was called mr white and that was in the infant school,:)

Anyone go to monteney infants and juniors from 1968-1974?

yep i did.. can't remember any teachers names though ... long gone from the brain... i am afraid... went up to colley in 78

you lived just around the corner from us we lived on monteney rd.The head teacher was called mr white and that was in the infant school,:)

yeah mr white ... oh i remember him .. he was nice guy.. still remember doing letter runs for him..

going into assembly and having to leave your shoes outside .. gosh..

I remember the large marble stairs at the junior school. When my brother was there he fell on them and chipped his two front teeth. I remember Mr White. Our class once did a stained glass window effect in the hall on the stage for a navitity scene and i was picked to do Mary & Jesus I was very proud of myself. I cant bring to mind the teachers names, was one Mr Theadle or something, played the piano in music lessons, tall chap, thin on top and deep voice. My goodness, the brain wont work!

I remember a large lady being the Head of the Infants at one point but can't remember her name unfortunately. All I do recall is the fact that she always seemed to be sitting down and wasn't very mobile.

Junior school head, Mr White - remember when it had rained and we wanted to know if we could play on the field? We all congregated at one end of the playground until he came out and marched off towards the field, with a sea of kids following. Then he'd march into the middle of the field and would feel the soil - if he beckoned us on we'd all run on cheering and play but otherwise we'd have to make do with the concrete yard.

Other teachers I remember were Mrs Quine, Mrs Winder, Mr Hall, Mr Cartwright, Mr Evans,Mrs Leach - I remember being in room 4 quite a lot

we must have all grown up that area then and will probably know each other but bet we changed a bit lol!:hihi:

Oh im 43 now so anyone my age?

Yes, but I was a little earlier than you. 1958 to 1964. I seem to remember Mr Wright was head at one of the schools, but not sure. I lived on Brailsford Road and I can remember The Fighting **** being built, and later on the shops at the top of Brailsford Road.

Hi there I remember the Fighting **** pub too. My names Annette Lynch was Morton then, I have two brothers One called Paul Morton and the other called Roy Morton. I was there 1955 - 1959, Roy is my younger brother and was there about the time you were in the last year. If you can remember any of us please get in touch as Im tryin to find old friends. Thanks

My names Annette Lynch was Morton then I was at Monteney 1955 - 1959 ish I have an Older brother called Paul Morton and a younger brother called Roy Morton. I am trying to find old friends and was wondering if anyone out there remembers me or my brothers if so please get in touch. Thanks