Why are some people so rude?

That is what I got from it.

The looks I get when I rudely interrupt shop assistants' conversations when having the bare-faced cheek to take to my purchase to the counter.....

Maybe he assumed incorrectly that the change was his tip...I find more and more people these days expecting a tip as norm. So he may have been aggrieved when you held your hand out.

Edit: I didn't realise the original post was 6 years old.

Edited by Anglersvista

I know this is an old thread but I was moaning about this the other day. People do seem to be very rude, ignorant and just plain old miserable lately!

I'm in the city centre every day and there's always someone barging past or pushing in front. Very rarely does anyone hold a door open, or smile or say thanks when I hold a door open for them.

Miserable chuffs!

As the song goes, "People are people so why should it be, You and I should get along so awfully"

Because its easier not be polite or converse with the human race in and form other than messages less than 140 characters in length.

Also, people are feckless and lazy.

i hate it when im buying something and one assistant is talking away like your not there..good manners cost nothing..xx