Sign in to follow this  

Oh Dear'y me

Good question......

Years ago in Canada I was advised to take great care when driving in Moose country.

Apart from them being so ugly that only a mummy moose would love them, they're so hefty that they typically write the car off if you hit them. Not good when you're 100 miles form anywhere with a tow truck!

Joe

Is that driving without due care and attention?

The scary thing is that if he thought the deer was a stone would he notice a child, as I guess they would be about the same weight. Not suprised he did'nt want to be interviewed he must be ashamed of himself,

Originally posted by Strix

Is that driving without due care and attention?

I think its driving without DOE care and attention!

Originally posted by JoePritchard

Good question......

Years ago in Canada I was advised to take great care when driving in Moose country.

Apart from them being so ugly that only a mummy moose would love them, they're so hefty that they typically write the car off if you hit them. Not good when you're 100 miles form anywhere with a tow truck!

Joe

A moose, is basically a cow on stilts, and in a head on collision the car bonnet goes under the legs and the body of the moose crashes straight into the windscreen often wiping the top of a car off and decapitating the driver. This is one of the more common causes of RTA deaths in Sweden (away from the conurbations)

They're quite captivating animals - I encountered quite a few in the Yukon territory and in Alaska.

The weirdest thing I saw involving a Moose was one that had been hit by a truck and was still blocking the road. The way it was shifted was quite gross - somone arrived in a pick up truck - this was some 60 miles from anywhere reasonably civilised - put a blasting charge under the body, told us to reverse away and then blew the body off thr road.

His logic was that the local wildlife would clear up the debris.

I would have preferred him to wait and use a tow truck....:(

Joe

Guest poppins

My friend hit two deer in two days, ruined both cars, first one came right into her while driving home, it landed half it's body in her front seat, blood all over, too shook up to drive next day her husband drove, telling her it could never happen twice to one person, preaching to her while getting the car gassed up, a deer ran accross the street right into the side doors, took the door right off.

hows that for being scarie ?

Ouch....

Must have made great reading on the insurance company paperwork....

Joe