Roadrunner at the Cricket Club Aston

John Draycott and Mel 'Blogs' Harrison are my best mates. We went to Aston Woodhouse. Aspinall was also with us - What a small world.

Mel has one of the biggest record collections in the country. Used to travel to USA to pick up the rarities. Ray and Mel always used to swap record collection details - they are both serious muso's.

Have you seen Ray lately then ?

Ive seen Bloggs in Swallownest, didnt he have a shop. He knows me but not that well. He is a bit older than me. I also knew his cousin Thommo.

John Draycott rings a bell but I cant really put a face to him.

I went to Aston Woodhouse so I wouldnt be surprised if you dont know me.

John Draycott and Mel 'Bloggs' Harrison are my best mates. We went to Aston Woodhouse. Aspinall was also with us - What a small world.

Mel has one of the biggest record collections in the country. Used to travel to USA to pick up the rarities. Ray and Mel always used to swap record collection details - they are both serious muso's.

Can Bloggs still not pass a mirror without patting his hair?

Blond and quite long when I last saw him, but I'm going back 35 years and more!

John Draycott's parents used to run a little corner (grocery?) shop on a side road virtually opposite your school (from memory...)

Steve Aspinall left home and got himself a small ground floor flat in Broomhill for a while - a long, long time ago now - but then left the area completely as far as I can recall.

Still remember his girlfriend of the time - Sally Ro(d)gers, who lived in Treeton... a beautiful lass.

Wonder how life went on to treat her....?

Can Bloggs still not pass a mirror without patting his hair?

Blond and quite long when I last saw him, but I'm going back 35 years and more!

John Draycott's parents used to run a little corner (grocery?) shop on a side road virtually opposite your school (from memory...)

Steve Aspinall left home and got himself a small ground floor flat in Broomhill for a while - a long, long time ago now - but then left the area completely as far as I can recall.

Still remember his girlfriend of the time - Sally Ro(d)gers, who lived in Treeton... a beautiful lass.

Wonder how life went on to treat her....?

Oh yes I remember Draycotts shop on Alexandra Road. Now I remember John Draycott. He was Bloggs's shadow, probably why I didnt remember him.

Paul Rodgers (Sallys brother) used to go in the Black Bull at Aughton just about every night, big mates with Benjy Cray.

Oh yes I remember Draycotts shop on Alexandra Road. Now I remember John Draycott. He was Bloggs's shadow, probably why I didnt remember him.

Paul Rodgers (Sallys brother) used to go in the Black Bull at Aughton just about every night, big mates with Benjy Cray.

Yup - correct about Paul, her big bruv.

Any idea what happened to her?

Know she went to Spain for a while, but heard she'd come back - again, this would be 25 years+?

There was also her mate, Alison Tagg and her sister Jill, who was married to Luce (Peter Lockitt) for a while...any ideas?

No, no idea

Dont even know where Luce is these days. I think he spent a while being entertained by her majesty.

No, no idea

Dont even know where Luce is these days. I think he spent a while being entertained by her majesty.

My God - that's a shock!

Luce??

That's the last thing I'd have expected....a bright lad, I always thought.

(In case you're tempted, let's not go into detail here - wouldn't be fair/right...)

Another name from that era has just come back to me - Richard (Dick? Rick?) Porrett.

Bit of a lad, but a good 'un - I remember him being run over by a biker after getting in some bother at one of the east coast resorts. Both legs broken, in plaster and on crutches for months, poor ***.

I can see him now, struggling to get on the late night (11pm!) Sheffield - Worksop 85 bus after a Friday/Saturday night out in Sheffield!

Didn't quieten down much!

dick is still knocking about and still as daft as ever massive owls fan he lives up handsworth you will see him in most of the pubs up there

Another name from that era has just come back to me - Richard (Dick? Rick?) Porrett.

Bit of a lad, but a good 'un - I remember him being run over by a biker after getting in some bother at one of the east coast resorts. Both legs broken, in plaster and on crutches for months, poor ***.

I can see him now, struggling to get on the late night (11pm!) Sheffield - Worksop 85 bus after a Friday/Saturday night out in Sheffield!

Didn't quieten down much!

I was there. Well not when it happened but we were in Skeggy when he got done. Grassy Meadows was also there.

My lot are a couple of years younger. Ally Mayfield, Mad Trev Williamson, Wink Watson, Dick Fearn, Eric Gough, David Thompson, Frank Brocklehurst, Kevin Hobby Hobson.

I was there. Well not when it happened but we were in Skeggy when he got done. Grassy Meadows was also there.

My lot are a couple of years younger. Ally Mayfield, Mad Trev Williamson, Wink Watson, Dick Fearn, Eric Gough, David Thompson, Frank Brocklehurst, Kevin Hobby Hobson.

Mad Trev....Captain Beefheart fan, etc?

Other names don't ring bells, but then you lot are a couple of years younger than my lot, and I was a couple of years older than them, so......!

yo.technicAl, recognise some names on here, specially hobby, have just found this thread & am sad to read bout Nev Banks, he was in our year at school & also at dinnington tech, him being an electrician down't pit.if you were in the same year as the guys you mention,you must have left swall' school in 68-69 along with the brinny crew:- paul curley -phil bratley - pete jordan -les smethhurst-etc etc. i'v also seen Benji kray mentioned on here,do you know him,is he ok?. if you see him ask him he remembers the 1950s zephyr zodiac he had in 1976 & the night he lent it to me & my mate Al in Treeton [big trouble-lol]& yes we still owe him the money for the massive fines we got-lol.back to the roadrunner, i was back at swall' club for an NUM medical a couple 'o' years back & it brought back memories of my trips there with Curley & the gang back in the 60s,happy days.