[SOLD] Horseriding lessons in Sheffield

Rode Foxy on Wednesday - she's lovely but, like Wurzel, has all the right buttons but you have to know which ones to press and when to get her to pull her rear end up.

Full lesson was in fast working trot and we never stopped... I was really sweaty - yuk!

Have a good lesson on Sunday - shame I can't come to watch but I'm taking my bucket and spade to the seaside to make sandcastles for the day (probably Bridlington). I know, I know... it's wet and freezing, but I can make better sand castles with wet sand!!! :smile:

See you soon

lol

J

x

lol, hope u hav fun makin ur sand castles. Although i bet even u arnt crazy enough to go in the sea in this weather... well, then again..... :)

Glad u had a nice time riding on wednesday. I can't believe im riding at 9. I dont think I like early lessons. I dont like bein l8. It takes me half an hour 2 get all my things on, lol

well, hope 2 c u soon. Whens ur next lesson? R u havin anymore at Mallards? C u soon, by!

Now I'm pining for the ponies I used to love riding, even tho I've got my own. I'm too big for Coco, but he's lovely isn't he, and I never rode Wurzle either. Bertie hit the button for me, but he is a bit of a character isn't he? Did do those all trot lessons a few times tho, boy they are good for losing weight and firming the thighs!

You can't go wrong up there, hope you all carry on enjoying yourselves.

Thanks, I will

I got Coco again for my second lesson. On the first we just walked and trotted, as it's really difficult to get used to the ponies after those at Mallards, but on my second lesson, did loads of cantering. It was great!

Hi everyone.

This is my first post.

My 12 year old daughter has decided she'd like to have horse riding lessons. Does anyone have any idea how much it's likely to cost me, and where's the best place to look. :confused:

Thanks.

look here...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19320

The price varies depending upon facilities a lot of them have websites now that also include pricelists.Generally can be anything between £10-£30 an hour depending on the type of lesson and size of group.

Try and make sure that the stables are BSH approved

http://www.bhs.org.uk/where_to_ride/Wheretoride.htm

If you want any further advice send me a PM and I'll try and help.

Originally posted by amber181

Hi everyone.

This is my first post.

Welcome :clap:

does she have her own horse.

Hi

I am 14, and have been to quite a few different stables around sheffield and S.Yorkshire. They key things to remember are to make sure that it is approved by the British Horse Society. Here's a link to the page with all the BHS approved Riding Schools in Yorkshire:

http://www.bhs.org.uk/where_to_ride/yorkshire.htm

Mallard House Riding Centre is not BHS approved, but is quite a nice yard, although the ponies are not as 'safe' as some people may like. The one that I currently go to is Barnes Green. It is excellent, with lots of facilities, many different BHS qualified instructors and well trained horses, who will look after you. Lesson costs vary, depending on what sort of lessons you want.

I have an hour long group lesson with other girls of my own age, and that costs around £16. However, a private lesson for half an hour (strongly recommended for beginners) is around £12.

It is a nice yard, and they do Pony Club, own a pony days, Easter Hunts, Hacks, Showjumping, Dressage, X-country and BHS qualifications. The horses are trained to an exceptionaly high standard, although you have to remember that Horses are not machines and have minds of their own.

It's a yard that likes riders to get involved with looking after the horses aswell, and helping out on the yard can earn you free lessons. Pony Club is held there on a Monday and Wednesday night, but I think they're starting to do it on a weekend aswell.

Ohh, and they do let you borrow hats and crops aswell if you do not have your own. I hope all this helped, and I hope you find a nice place for your daughter to ride. You may want to considor riding yourself. It's an excellent ways to relax or just have a bit of fun. Please let us all know how you got on.

xxx bye xxx

I can personally reccommend Smeltings Farm at Ringinglow. Have ridden there for over 12 years and have only moved on because I bought my own horse :)

It will be hard to fit her in as they are busy but they do beginner days where they have lessons and learn about horses in a fun packed day. They also have a big range of ponies and horses to ride and cater for the beginners well. They do have a Pony Club if your daughter ever wanted to join that. They come highly reccommended, although not particularly cheap - high standard though.

Here's their website...should have prices on there and contact details. If you want to know any more just ask! :)

http://www.equestrian-training.co.uk

I can recommend Snowden Farm at Troway, just out side of Dronfield. It may not be the cheapest place but your daughter will get the very best tuition and the horses and ponies are certainly not riding school donkeys. They are fully registered and give a full range of lessons. I learnt a lot from there and have now gone on to own 6 horses and a pony of my own so it must have done me some good (or not as my husband would probably say!). Give then a ring on 01246 417172. Hope your daughter has fun.