Mainline Buses - guess what - Moan

Well, i stopped getting these buses whenever possible about a year ago as i was fed up with the price hikes and the frankly rude drivers - i took my 2 year old son on and when we paid he was saying hello to the driver and he just ignored him, thats just rubbish.

Well last friday i had to go to hospital and it turns out i've torn the cartlidge in my knee, i'm ok but it hurts if i bend my leg wrong blah, blah, you get the picture.

So i leave hospital and not having alot of money (week before pay day) i decide to get the bus. i hobble on to a number 60 on my crutches, give the man my money and say thank you, no sooner have i pulled my ticket out of the machine, he's got his foot down and heading off to town, i went flying, luckily i didn't fall over................. so i decided not to say cheers or thanks or owt as i got off and left it at that.

i walked through town, ended up on another mainline/first bus and he did the exact same thing.

Now i've seen this before with the drivers for this particular company and i think it stinks, they don't wait for old people to sit dow, they don't wait for parents with pushchairs to get settled or anything, just belt off from the stop, it's about time that people stopped using this companies services, i know i'll not be any longer, i'd rather walk than give those money grabbing ******** any of my hard earned cash, maybe they should teach em some manners in trainning instead of how the union can help them get on strike so they can earn more than the pitance of £100 an hour they get now

hi

totally agree

the most obnoxious,rude,indifferent,arrogant,surly, set i've ever come across!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i and everyone i know that uses the bus's say the same!!!

then they wonder why they get a smack in the mouth sometimes!!!

came home from work tonight on the no 17 from bottom of halifax road, about 3.30pm, a few stops up the road and a lady gets on with 6 kids in tow, not all hers i presume, 1 guy getting off and the driver shouts at the kids to let the guy off first and calm down!! mum tells him not to shout at her kids, he chunters something then drives off with kids spilling down the bus!!!!

hate em'

Dean

so they can earn more than the pitance of £100 an hour they get now

Brilliant - where do I sign up?

I either have to close me eyes or put my hands up to help someone/stop them falling on me.

I either have to close me eyes or put my hands up to help someone/stop them falling on me.

I don't understand your post.

Is it a joke I am not getting ?

i think she means when the bus is setting off.....

Yes I do. As in hands over my eyes so I don't have to see someone falling and if I'm close putting a hand out to steady them.

Well, i stopped getting these buses whenever possible about a year ago as i was fed up with the price hikes and the frankly rude drivers - i took my 2 year old son on and when we paid he was saying hello to the driver and he just ignored him, thats just rubbish.

Well last friday i had to go to hospital and it turns out i've torn the cartlidge in my knee, i'm ok but it hurts if i bend my leg wrong blah, blah, you get the picture.

So i leave hospital and not having alot of money (week before pay day) i decide to get the bus. i hobble on to a number 60 on my crutches, give the man my money and say thank you, no sooner have i pulled my ticket out of the machine, he's got his foot down and heading off to town, i went flying, luckily i didn't fall over................. so i decided not to say cheers or thanks or owt as i got off and left it at that.

i walked through town, ended up on another mainline/first bus and he did the exact same thing.

Now i've seen this before with the drivers for this particular company and i think it stinks, they don't wait for old people to sit dow, they don't wait for parents with pushchairs to get settled or anything, just belt off from the stop, it's about time that people stopped using this companies services, i know i'll not be any longer.

Oh dear Iam sorry to hear this (Realy), For some reason the driving standards @ First have gone down hill since I left in 2004, I always used to tell drivers to put themselfs in the passengers point of view, if they smile and say thank you smile and say thank you back, it is the basic start to good customer service, im sorry I cant answer you point better the only thing I could suggest is to write to the Sheffield Star:roll:

i stopped getting these buses whenever possible about a year ago as i was fed up with ... the frankly rude drivers

Couldn't agree more, half of them just look at you like you're something they've picked off the bottom of thier shoes. You stand there waving your ticket at them and they don't even acknowledge they've seen it, not even an "ok" never mind a "thanks", even a grunt is better than nothing. Just some sort of acknowledgement so you're not stood there like a lemon would be fine.

For a long time I always said "thank you" when getting on and off buses, I've given up totally unless they acknowledge me.

I hate to generalise but this does only seem to be a problem with First. I try and avoid them if possible, I prefer to get the tram and have a (small) hike home or wait for a stagecoach bus than use First.

From the amount of threads that always pops up on here about them I guess they must be losing a lot of customers in Sheffield.

Oh dear Iam sorry to hear this (Realy), For some reason the driving standards @ First have gone down hill since I left in 2004, I always used to tell drivers to put themselfs in the passengers point of view, if they smile and say thank you smile and say thank you back, it is the basic start to good customer service, im sorry I cant answer you point better the only thing I could suggest is to write to the Sheffield Star:roll:

well lthanks, at least you were good enough to reply saying it's wrong rather than excusing it and saying it's my fault for not getting on the bus quick enough or something!!

not to sound rude but what will writing to the star achieve?

Also with regard to the comment about the drivers not acknowledging you when you flash your tickets, this really ****** me off, a nod would do for gods sake.

I always now get stagecoach buses, £9.50 a week to ride the bus and the tram (as i need to get both to work), it's about £16 to get mainline buses, drivers ought to have arrowed uniforms.

i think she means when the bus is setting off.....

Thanks, it has been a long week, and it is only Wednesday:confused:

:hihi:

Couldn't agree more, half of them just look at you like you're something they've picked off the bottom of thier shoes. You stand there waving your ticket at them and they don't even acknowledge they've seen it, not even an "ok" never mind a "thanks", even a grunt is better than nothing. Just some sort of acknowledgement so you're not stood there like a lemon would be fine.

For a long time I always said "thank you" when getting on and off buses, I've given up totally unless they acknowledge me.

I hate to generalise but this does only seem to be a problem with First. I try and avoid them if possible, I prefer to get the tram and have a (small) hike home or wait for a stagecoach bus than use First.

From the amount of threads that always pops up on here about them I guess they must be losing a lot of customers in Sheffield.

Oh, yes, that reminds me of when I used buses on a regular basis and had a saver ticket. No acknowledgement whatsover when I showed by ticket most of the time. Except occasionally after walking past them as if I'm invisible, they would shout "Oiiiiiii!!!!!! come back, I need to see it", so I walk back with everyone on the bus gawping and the bus driver makes a kind of grunt of disappointment when he sees it's not out of date. Oh the joys of bus travel, I miss it so much. Not :hihi: