The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

i think the problem is people are sheep they walk in have a drink see theres not many other ppl in there and go with the idea that if other ppl arent in here then it must not be any good without actually taking a moment to think do i, myself, like the music/drinks/prices , if they had walked in and it was packed they would have stayed all night regardless of music/drinks/prices. i on the otherhand dont care how many ppl are in a bar/club, i will happily walk in to any place even if theres no-one else there if i like it despite the many protests i get from many of my friends of 'we cant go in there theres no-one else in' 'it'll be arkward if its just us', 'lets go into this bar next door thats just the same but here we'll have to queue to get in to so it must be great......'

Well it didn't taste like vodka! And believe me, I drink enough of the stuff to know a good one. I could probabaly have lived with the drink to be perfectly honest but the music was just rubbish and a crap band on too. I think the fact there there was hardly anyone in just about says it all. I watched the people coming in, they had one drink and left. You should take the critisim and act on it. Theres a gap in the market here and if you do it right it could be great.

Read my other posts, that's exactly what I do. I'm not the manager of Tube but I pass on all the feedback.

Its not classic rock, which is what Rebels used to be. For the hour we were in I didn't know one song that was played. If you're calling a club "Rebels" and advertising it as rock, people will associate it with the old Rebels. And that is the music they will expect.

You need to be playing the likes of Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Alice Cooper, Sabbath, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Janes Addiction, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Led Zep, Boston, Journey, etc etc etc..... the list could go on and on. You need to do your research.

Not that I have been Jarvis, but I doubt that Boston or Journey would ever be making it to the play list. Its not a replica of the old rebs, just re using the old brand

But if you're going to call a club Rebels and play rock music, then music that was played in the old Rebs is what everyone will expect surely? Well its what me and my mates were expecting anyway. Or at least some old classic tunes thrown in along the way. There was nothing I'd ever heard of. I know I'm a sad old rocker but the music was what made old Rebels a great place.

But if you're going to call a club Rebels and play rock music, then music that was played in the old Rebs is what everyone will expect surely? Well its what me and my mates were expecting anyway. Or at least some old classic tunes thrown in along the way. There was nothing I'd ever heard of. I know I'm a sad old rocker but the music was what made old Rebels a great place.

Me too Jarvis, as an ex barmaid of the old rebs I have fond memories of the place, however I never for one minute expected they would replicate Rebels authentically or they'd be calling it a retro rock bar.

We're getting old mate :P Them young uns wanna hear new stuff now, no room for the classics I'm afraid.

I would of thought the young rockers would know and recognise plenty of the old stuff possibly not Janis Joplin but certainly the likes of Sabbath and although I hate it Van Halen. So why on earth aren't they playing a mixture of old and new. I was recently introduced to the band Dragonforce who although a new and unknown band to me I have started to appreciate so I've nothing against a certain amount of new stuff being played,. Has anyone who has been ttried asking for requests just to see if the DJ has older material? .

Well I have been in Rebels the last two Saturday nights and can assure every one on here that if you stay in for a couple of hours or so (and not as some people just walk in and out ) you will hear a mixture of both classic and new.

I certainly have heard Rebs playing Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Van Halen and Certainly one of my favourits Pearl Jam as I was dancing to it on Saturday night.

If you dont stay long how can you say whats being played?

Its not the old Rebels it has to move with the times the same as everywhere.

I like all the old classics dont get me wrong but I also like to keep up to date as well.

i think the problem is people are sheep they walk in have a drink see theres not many other ppl in there and go with the idea that if other ppl arent in here then it must not be any good without actually taking a moment to think do i, myself, like the music/drinks/prices , if they had walked in and it was packed they would have stayed all night regardless of music/drinks/prices. i on the otherhand dont care how many ppl are in a bar/club, i will happily walk in to any place even if theres no-one else there if i like it despite the many protests i get from many of my friends of 'we cant go in there theres no-one else in' 'it'll be arkward if its just us', 'lets go into this bar next door thats just the same but here we'll have to queue to get in to so it must be great......'

I agree with you people are like sheep and mostly have a hard time thinking for themselves as I put in my last post how can you judge somewhere properly if you only stay for 10 mins or dont go in at all.