The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

The baxendales owned the original Rebs... the first dedicated Rock Club in the city.

Do you have a MYSPACE or any kind of web site up?
i have had a look no rebels myspace yet come on rebels

In the pipeline peeps don't worry. :clap:

So come on did anyone try the Tube last night and what was it like?

Will probably call in tonight before Rebs if its rock on Saturday but wondered if anyone went last night and what did you think?

So come did anyone try the Tube last night and what was it like?

Will probably call in tonight before Rebs if its rock on Saturday but wondered if anyone went last night and what did you think?

The 'Leadmill Point Posse' did, well 2 of us, and this is our opinion...

Entry was free at 2115 hours last night, but no doubt due to the place being empty..LOL..about 15 people in who clearly wanted to be somewhere else as there LOL was as much action here as a morgue, except even the nelsons was better than this, and I dont like that place much. It was like a large barn inside, horrible in fact. if you were spending money opening a new bar this is the way NOT to do it.LOL They probably spent about £40 on a few tins of paint,LOL but nothing else, so why bother I do not know. A band were on I think but you would find more excitement watching paint dry.LOL No draught beer at all, just crappy bottles, like the club Revels, bare and looking like it is ready for demolition.

Another total let down and embarrassment for the managers, who also run the new rebels club, this was even worse than revels, which we were not epxecting. Again, so hyped up, but not worth even looking in the door.:gag: It sucked.........no apologies for this review, if you go here you will be sad...very sad indeed.....LOL

The 'Leadmill Point Posse' did, well 2 of us, and this is our opinion...

Entry was free at 2115 hours last night, but no doubt due to the place being empty..LOL..about 15 people in who clearly wanted to be somewhere else as there LOL was as much action here as a morgue, except even the nelsons was better than this, and I dont like that place much. It was like a large barn inside, horrible in fact. if you were spending money opening a new bar this is the way NOT to do it.LOL They probably spent about £40 on a few tins of paint,LOL but nothing else, so why bother I do not know. A band were on I think but you would find more excitement watching paint dry.LOL No draught beer at all, just crappy bottles, like the club Revels, bare and looking like it is ready for demolition.

Another total let down and embarrassment for the managers, who also run the new rebels club, this was even worse than revels, which we were not epxecting. Again, so hyped up, but not worth even looking in the door.:gag: It sucked.........no apologies for this review, if you go here you will be sad...very sad indeed.....LOL

21.15 is quite early so maybe it picked up later as it is a new pub.

Will still check it out tonight as can't always go on one persons view plus I have noticed that when new bars, nightclubs open it does take a few weeks for them to get going as they have to build up their clientelle.

My mates showed up around 11 after Happy Mondays had kicked out and thats the time I went to the decks. They will most certainly be returning.

As the other guys had been playing quite a bit of brand spankingly new stuff I played some more "familiar" stuff, I didnt keep a tracklist but from memory it went somethinglike this:

The Undertones - Teenage Kicks

The Jam - Going Underground

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

Oasis - Cigarettes & Alcohol

Kasabian - LSF

Arctic Monkeys - Fake Tales of San Fancisco

The View - Same Jeans

The Gossip - Standing in the way of control

Hot Chip - Over & Over

Futureheads - Hounds of Love

Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

White Stripes- 7 Nation Army

Killers - When you were young

Bloc Party - Helicopter

The Strokes - Reptilia

Arctic Monkeys - I bet you look good on the Dancefloor

Pulp - Common People

I' sure the other DJs will put their tracklists up shortly too.

, like the club Revels,

Wheres Revels?? :D:P

Wheres Revels?? :D:P

'Revels' were crispy coated chocolate button type things ...I think they were renamed M&M's

no, revels are the ones that are coated in chocolate and have peanut, toffee orange or coffee centres... :)

We were contemplating a visit today but think we'll give the Tube a miss if there isn't any draught beer, I can't imagine Mr Freebird quaffing from a bottle of foreign imported muck.

We were contemplating a visit today but think we'll give the Tube a miss if there isn't any draught beer, I can't imagine Mr Freebird quaffing from a bottle of foreign imported muck.

If Mr freebird is a real ale fan, you will find seven wonderful cask ales at the Dove....plus John Smiths smooth, Carling, Carlsberg, Staropramen on draught...:)