What types of wildlife do you get in your garden ?

Re: my post number 16 in this thread (fox), i now seem to have a couple of newbies to the family ... Cubs :)

They are just georgous, they don't seem to mind their photo taken either.

We get a lot of species of birds in our garden.. to date we have regular visits from: sparrows; black birds; starlings; song thrush; collared doves; blue tits and the odd wood pigeon. Other than that, our garden is fenced off therefore nothing much can get in apart from insects and bats.

Has anybody else noticed lack of bird song over past few weeks, is it all the rain ?

Heard one lonely blackbird having a good old warrble this afternoon made me realise , hadn't heard it for long while. It was lovely.

Has anybody else noticed lack of bird song over past few weeks, is it all the rain ?

Heard one lonely blackbird having a good old warrble this afternoon made me realise , hadn't heard it for long while. It was lovely.

Erm, I noticed the other day after the rain had stopped.... the place came alive with different whistles etc. Was a treat to hear!!!

I have sparrows, a pair of great tits a robin and a magpie at my bird table daily and a nest of sparrows in my roof

Oh yeah and lot of bats at night

Last night whilst sitting at the computer overlooking my jungle, i heard an Elephant knocking on the kitchen window.

So i opened the window and it flew inside ???

No not due to the effects of to much Lager ..... :D,

it was an Elephant Hawk-moth.

So out came the camera,

Elephant H.M. 01

Elephant H.M. 02