North Sheffield News Stories

LOOK_LOCAL

Hi, Sheffield Forum!

This is the News Editor from Look Local Newspaper, here.

We're a free weekly paper for the North of the city, distributed to 27,000 readers in:-

- Hillsborough

- High Green

- Chapeltown

- Ecclesfield

- Penistone

- Grenoside

- Worrall

- Stannington

- Thorpe Hesley

- Stocksbridge

- Deepcar

- Wharncliffe Side

We thought we'd take the opportunity here to pull in a bit of feedback from any of you readers out there...

Question: What do you think of Look Local as a paper?

- Do we cover the news that's important to you?

- What do you think of our design and advertising?

- Anything you'd like to see in Look Local?

Post your responses below!

* Please also get in touch if you have any newsworthy stories from Sheffield North.

Tel: 0114 2831100 / E: news@looklocal.org.uk

Many thanks;

The Look Local Editorial Team.

It's a great little paper and your doing a fantastic job serving the communities of north sheffield.

I know the people who founded the paper a few years ago from small beginings they are a hard working likeable bunch.

If you live in north sheffield it's great for what's going on and has all the local news covered. I think it's important for sheffield to have independently owned media as opposed to the larger newspapers in the city and it's far better than some of the free trash they produce!

Keep up the good work

P.S. Love the new Smedley column - that guys hilarious!

P.P.S Would be good idea to carry on some of your debates on this website.

I never knew till recently that Chapeltown was North Sheffield... Especially given its S30 postcode.

I actually lived there for the first 2 years of my life, Cherry Walk it was, can't remember what number or much about my life there really, except that we had a German Shepherd dog called Rebel and we used to go shopping at the Chapeltown ASDA a lot.

I suppose Firth Park, Longley, Southey and Parson Cross (The largest council estate in europe) are not 'North' Sheffield then?

Or is that you think they cannot read so therefore not much point, they'll only use it to light fires in empty houses?

Email address now added! As we are an on-line forum it seems the easiest communication mode to use.

bringing journalism back to the 19th century?

No, Look Local is an independent newspaper for the said region (above)

But you can pick up a copy in drop off spots around North Sheffield - such as libraries, supermarkets etc - if you are not in our delivery catchment area.

We often run news that is relevant to Shiregreen and Longley.

Thanks for your interest.

(Ed)

Archived