Roughest Pub In Sheffield

so glad the birley hotel never got a mension it now looks like a gay bar of the 70,s

Got the Toughest Pubs in Britain on at the moment and it mentions the Parkway Tavern up at Park Hill flats as being one of the toughest in Britain.

In your experience/opinion which is the toughest in Sheffield?

You have to wipe you feet on the way out of that pub I've heard

I used to live opposite there. Apart from the dreadful din of the karaoke it was fine.

Well at least i cant be blamed for that :D i did the punchbowl at Gleadless

it takes 5mins 2get a bad name n the rest of your life 2 clear it.

I used to live opposite there. Apart from the dreadful din of the karaoke it was fine.

I stand corrected then! I know what you mean about noise - I used to live in a block of flats that had some sort of working mens club that turned into a night club on saturday nights! So you could never have a quiet night in because of that :o

There's still alot of Rough Boozers

But I think the WORST had to be The WoodThorpe Arms on mansfield Road in the 1990's , The footy Violence In their was so Bad thats why they Knocked it down.

Then Places like The Cannon , Market tavern , The Captive Queen and Jervis LUm were always Hardcore....It seems Most of the truley bad ones are now Closed .....

The Dore Moor Inn (Dore). There were harsh words saai once when someone didn't receive any rochet with their Chicken Ceser side salad.

Would that be the one that burnt to the ground after various shootings and stabbings! Now an apartment complex of posh flats - at Woodthorpe???? - having said that I wouldn't mind one myself.

It was demolished, after being closed down for some time.It didnt burn down, and was at Intake not Woodthorpe. In its day it was fantastic always packed . The old landlord Frank Oliver didnt put up with any c**p . I remember him barring a teddy boy because "I dont like the way you are dressed". Any trouble and the locals would back him up. After he left they had bouncers on and the trouble got worse than it had ever been. All subsequent managers ran it down a bit until the morons were the only ones who wanted to go in, so they closed it down and the developers built on the site and next door for a housing association not really posh.

Theres nothing wise about stepping into any pub in pitsmoor come a night time.

personally i'd disagree not every pub in pitsmoors bad unless your in the BNP, ive recently been in the pitsmoor to watch the football and it's fine, also been in the east house (which is great but keeps strange hours), the sportsman and the bay horse inn and have seen no trouble whatsoever. tollgate was slightly dodgy but i think it's closed now. personally i think the worst thing with pubs in pitsmoor is if you drink pints of lager you usually only get the choice of carling or stella (one being p*** poor the other being loopy juice)

Arguments over who has the most money in the Nonnas Restaurant and Caffe Bar on Ecclesall RD get a bit heated sometimes :o:roll: