RAC declares Manor Estate a "NO GO" area

Hmm I guess you have a point on the first one and I can't really comment on the statistics specifically - only to say that Sheffield has a lot less crime than we expect and a couple of years ago I heard Broomhill had the highest rate of burglaries in Sheffield! Although we could then get into a whole debate about whether people even bother to report crime and then we'll be here forever!!!

Hmm I guess you have a point on the first one and I can't really comment on the statistics specifically - only to say that Sheffield has a lot less crime than we expect and a couple of years ago I heard Broomhill had the highest rate of burglaries in Sheffield! Although we could then get into a whole debate about whether people even bother to report crime and then we'll be here forever!!!

I'm not sure burglaries would be consider in the same way, some people may travel to other areas to burgle other people rather than burgle in an area in which they live (I am not saying that burglers live in the Mannor by the way).

Continuing on the same point we were discussing though, if you drive through places like the Mannor and then Broomhill you'll notice the Mannor has more boarded up places, more smashed bus stops, more smashed telephone boxes etc. which tend to be more local crimes, ie bored youths, unlike burglaries which can be crimes commited by people travelling. You have less chance of someone thinking I'll drive to the Mannor tonight and smash a phonebox up, it's more of an on the spot crime or something done unplanned.

ONE of Britain's biggest breakdown recovery companies has declared a Sheffield housing estate a no-go zone after dark.

The RAC has suspended all services on the Manor estate at night following an attack on a patrolman by a group of youths.

But the company has not told its members of the move.

for full story please visit http://www.sheffieldtoday.co.uk/news?ArticleID=2724493

they have a wheel brace in van dont they?????? use it next time they wont come back for more believe me

they have a wheel brace in van dont they?????? use it next time they wont come back for more believe me

.......or perhaps the attackers then pull a knife or some other weapon, the outcome is then a death or serious injury.

You don't want to put people in that situation full stop, it's not a case of arming them and asking them to put themselves in danger of injury, death or prosecution.

.......or perhaps the attackers then pull a knife or some other weapon, the outcome is then a death or serious injury.

You don't want to put people in that situation full stop, it's not a case of arming them and asking them to put themselves in danger of injury, death or prosecution.

if it was me it would be crook lock or wheel brace woudnt stand a pray against a gang of them but i bet u half would need hospital attention

if it was me it would be crook lock or wheel brace woudnt stand a pray against a gang of them but i bet u half would need hospital attention

Then I hope you are never in that situation with such a stupid attitude...:rolleyes:

Then I hope you are never in that situation with such a stupid attitude...:rolleyes:

now whats stupid stand and get head kicked in or defend u self????????????

now whats stupid stand and get head kicked in or defend u self????????????

If the choice was what you proposed above or running away then running away would make sense. Using a weapon as you state above would be risking criminal charges or being injured or killed yourself.

If the choice was what you proposed above or running away then running away would make sense. Using a weapon as you state above would be risking criminal charges or being injured or killed yourself.

now you state run......... run where the manor is a warren all the gangs have mobiles u know so maybe crack a few of the little sods get something in before the kicking or maybe crack a few get in car and boot it in reverse maybe to ? i would

i reckon the crime rate has dropped on the manor

now you state run......... run where the manor is a warren all the gangs have mobiles u know so maybe crack a few of the little sods get something in before the kicking or maybe crack a few get in car and boot it in reverse maybe to ? i would

It's not like escape from New York surely?

I just think that if you have the chance to leave then do so, going on a rampage with a weapon isn't a good idea.

You seem intent on harming people though, so I genuinely hope that you are lucky enough to never be in such a situation, for your sake as well as others.

It's not like escape from New York surely?

I just think that if you have the chance to leave then do so, going on a rampage with a weapon isn't a good idea.

You seem intent on harming people though, so I genuinely hope that you are lucky enough to never be in such a situation, for your sake as well as others.

have u ever been on manor just go in a few shops to see what its like with there shatter proof screens and thats just pizza hut