New Retail Quarter in the City Centre

Great news. A couple of decent new 'on trend'names coming to Sheffield.  Mazeh & Julie Dore  are obviously bouncing around like excited puppies & singing their own praises! 

Mazher Iqbal-

"We are expecting further exciting announcements which reflect our ongoing ambition for this to be the country’s most transformative and ambitious city centre development which places the council as the developer and shows other cities that their centres can be vibrant places bustling with retail, residential and leisure opportunities."

Lets not get ahead of ourselves Mazher. You've delivered 2 shops and an office block in 18 years. SCC is not in a position to show other cities anything! And (not that it bothers me, because these lettings could be the catalyst to the retail environment stepping up a coupe of gears), but I wonder what incentives they received. If you pay them they will come!

1 hour ago, lil-minx92 said:

Great news. A couple of decent new 'on trend'names coming to Sheffield.  Mazeh & Julie Dore  are obviously bouncing around like excited puppies & singing their own praises! 

Mazher Iqbal-

"We are expecting further exciting announcements which reflect our ongoing ambition for this to be the country’s most transformative and ambitious city centre development which places the council as the developer and shows other cities that their centres can be vibrant places bustling with retail, residential and leisure opportunities."

Lets not get ahead of ourselves Mazher. You've delivered 2 shops and an office block in 18 years. SCC is not in a position to show other cities anything! And (not that it bothers me, because these lettings could be the catalyst to the retail environment stepping up a coupe of gears), but I wonder what incentives they received. If you pay them they will come!

You seemingly missed the new units on the moor, the light complex and additional office developments all over peace gardens....   Just ignoring the multiple apartments and student living developments that have been created over the past 18 years are we?? 

Jesus christ.  Negativity all the time even when something good is happening. 

12 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

You seemingly missed the new units on the moor, the light complex and additional office developments all over peace gardens....   Just ignoring the multiple apartments and student living developments that have been created over the past 18 years are we?? 

Jesus christ.  Negativity all the time even when something good is happening. 

The private sector delivered the retail / cinema on the Moor, and all the apartment blocks and all the student accommodation. 

My dig was towards SCC's long promised never delivered NRQ and it grates a bit to see them gloating (a'la the £1bn Chinese deal they trumpeted, which turned out didnt exist) over a couple of lettings. The only reason I believe this deal actually will happen is because the MD's of the companies have openly verified it. 

It is exciting news for retail environment is Sheffield.

6 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Good news indeed,  it's a bit sad when we've got to look to retailer's from outside the UK!! mind you all the big names in British retail have been asset stripped by the nameless in their Ivory Towers, leaving everyone else to pick up the pieces.

17 hours ago, lil-minx92 said:

The private sector delivered the retail / cinema on the Moor, and all the apartment blocks and all the student accommodation. 

My dig was towards SCC's long promised never delivered NRQ and it grates a bit to see them gloating (a'la the £1bn Chinese deal they trumpeted, which turned out didnt exist) over a couple of lettings. The only reason I believe this deal actually will happen is because the MD's of the companies have openly verified it. 

It is exciting news for retail environment is Sheffield.

I'm guessing your contribution to the redevelopment of the city is confined to moaning about what others do or don't do. 

Happy to be corrected though. 

Edited by Bargepole23

19 hours ago, zaci said:

Good news indeed,  it's a bit sad when we've got to look to retailer's from outside the UK!! mind you all the big names in British retail have been asset stripped by the nameless in their Ivory Towers, leaving everyone else to pick up the pieces.

I wouldn't say it's sad to look at retailers from outside the UK particularly, I don't think it matters to be honest. In terms of British retail I'm not so sure all the big brands are going out of business so much as adapting and moving business online more.

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I'm guessing your contribution to the redevelopment of the city is confined to moaning about what others do or don't do. 

Happy to be corrected though. 

You're being silly- we have a council that is supposed to look after these things on behalf of residents! Everyone cant get involved, but everyone can comment

Nice to see the new stores opening up, this end of the city has been rammed for the past few months and will continue to get busier as more shops open. The new Marmadukes is due to open soon too.

Edited by ohgoditsjames