Company for a loft conversion

Do a few searches on here - it is a subject which has been discussed many times before.

I would always recommend architects drawings and building regs - this ensures the work is done properly...there are a lot of cowboys out there!

:rolleyes:

How old is the house and what is the roof construction like?

I saw a very interesting stand at the homebuilding and renovating show last year at the NEC, for a system which used aluminium joists at a fraction of the cost with way less disturbance to the fabric of the house

Now if I could just remember what they were called :huh:

http://www.eurekamagazine.co.uk/article/4078/Extrusions-get-the-nod-for-loft-conversions-and-showers.aspx

http://www.telebeam.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we r in the process of getting quotes at the moment and have had out three companies - all were ok but the one I was most impressed with was a company called Restyle Loft Conversions Ltd Bradway Sheffield chap called Craig tel 0114 2352282. He really knew his stuff and the thing I liked is that he does everything - coming up with the ideas, drawing the plans, submitting for building and planning he coordinates everything and project manages the whole thing himself - has his own workforce and does not subcontract. He brought a laptop showing completed jobs and appeared really knowledgeable. He is a bench joiner and manufactures his own staircases does not buy off the shelf. He was so helpful and came up with solutions to our problems which we had not even thought about! The quote should be with us next week, if we can afford it I have a good feel about his company and will definitely be using them. Most other companies did not want to come and have a look if we had not got architect drawings already done, but we wanted an idea of price first to decide whether we can go ahead. If you do ring and get a quote from them - please mention that it was Sue on Derbyshire Lane who mentioned them!!!!!! I might get a discount!!!!! Kind regards

advantage projects

Adrian lovell

This was another company who we had out who have provided a very reasonable quote - based on just doing a staircase and using the loft as an "occasional room" not going through planning or building regs etc. The room is already done out as a bedroom anyway and is accessed by a slingsby style loft ladder. Was done years ago to the regs at the time but no proper staircase was put in. We are considering Ades quote as well as he seemed a really decent bloke. Has anyone had dealing with them? and would they recommend them. Thanks Sue

Hi the other company we had out were clover lofts again a great guy but I want someone who will do everything from plans, submitting, getting all regs and planning approval doing the actual work and then just leaving us to decorate and carpet!