Race for life MEGATHREAD

Race for Life 2006  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Race for Life 2006

• Yes I will be running!
    • No I won't be running but have sponsored someone
    • Why are you bothering?

It's 5K i think? Yeah, it's only on the 15th. In Sheffield it is anyway. Not sure about anywhere else.

hmmm, yes i looked on the website, saw all the other localish ones, but they are all dates i cant do. next year, i promise

Im also walking Sun pm cant wait doing it in memory of mum and dad, and im already emotional.

I'll be walking/running/falling over and limping in the morning race. Can't wait :thumbsup:

please please help you never know you may need the help of cancer research one day just as we did

hi every one my daughter s are doing the race for life to raise funds to help people with cancer. melanie is a student nurse and is struggling to get sponcers due to her being run off her feet with working in hospital and studying we would be very grateful if you would sponcor her you can do this by going to

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/melaniemonaghan

thankyou so much for taking a look

just wanted to wish you good luck!!!

we (6th sheffield guides) are in the afternoon race ... so if you see us in our blue guide uniform, give us a wave!!

im doing it in memory of my mum, who died on the 25th april this year of cancer :)

Good luck to all of you ... i will be at the back walking if you fancy a chat :hihi:

Hi samsmum:wave:sorry to hear about your Mum.

I did this morning's one in 38 minutes, which is very good for me. Legs feel a bit wobbly, as did I when Sheffield Philharmonic were singing 'you'll never walk alone'. A very moving experience, watch out for Male Nivea Cheerleaders (phwaoar!).

Good luck to all who are still to run it and well done to all those who already have.

Off to lie down.

I did it in 42 minutes, so just behind suffragette.great atmosphere and enjoyable.Got a medal and a goodie bag at the end.

Sorry to hear about your mum Samsmum. You'll be well on the way round now!

I did it this morning with Susiepoosie. First time for me, and we walked it (I'm not really up for running, maybe next year :hihi:). It took us just over an hour, (Susie slowed down to my pace :love:) the atmosphere was great and we saw several people we knew.

The tram was full of Race for Lifers both going and coming home, it was a good feeling to be part of something like that. And, its the only time I've ever got a medal for doing anything that involves physical effort!

i did it this morning in 51 minutes, quicker than last year :-)

Sorry to hear about your mum Samsmum. You'll be well on the way round now!

I did it this morning with Susiepoosie. First time for me, and we walked it (I'm not really up for running, maybe next year :hihi:). It took us just over an hour, (Susie slowed down to my pace :love:) the atmosphere was great and we saw several people we knew.

The tram was full of Race for Lifers both going and coming home, it was a good feeling to be part of something like that. And, its the only time I've ever got a medal for doing anything that involves physical effort!

I know what you mean, the atmosphere is fantastic, it is incredibly moving. Last year I wept buckets, this year I shed a few tears. Weren't the Nivea Boys great?! Much needed after 'You'll Never Walk Alone' which set me off.

I also bumped into loads of people from work and school, which was lovely. Wasn't sure about being overtaken by a 9 and 6 year old though!:suspect:

Well done everyone.

Suffy x

Me and D2J's sister did the afternoon one, 46 mins :clap:

Me legs tho :(:hihi:

Me and D2J's sister did the afternoon one, 46 mins :clap:

Me legs tho :(:hihi:

Tell me about it, mine are starting to seize up.