Dog Poo - 42 dollops!

Its straight up littering, if someone fails to clean up their pets mess in a public open space..

Therefore the police can prosecute.

I never leave the house without 2 or 3 carrier bags when walking my dog, Its just laziness I think when folk cant be bothered to pick it up!!

2 or 3 carrier bags!!!!!!! That must be some dog!!!

2 or 3 carrier bags!!!!!!! That must be some dog!!!

some people walk elephants you know.:hihi::thumbsup::hihi:

My wife and I own and walk two dogs. Each day they are taken for "walkies" and YES they do make some "deposits". These are carefully picked up in bags and put into the available bins. Every day we are amazed at the massive amounts of dog poo carelessly left on pavements and grass verges. We see many dog walkers with dogs of varying sizes and never do they seem to clear up after their dogs. The laws should be enforced more often, and maybe the message will get through to them. Let me tell you that it doesn't just stop at the pavements. The parks are being spoiled by these irresponsible people. Their dogs are just let loose to do whatever,despite the danger to children playing with balls and other toys. I even saw a dog walker using a sling to send a hard missile a long way for their loose dog. Remember----David killed Goliath with a sling !!!!!! A couldn't care less attitude prevails !!!

The people who are supposed to stop this are the dog-owners. I've just been up Blackstock Road and a gentleman showed me the disgusting mess on his lawn. Because it's open to the pavement, dog owners let their dogs onto his lawn to crap. On the pavement 2 yards away from the edge of his lawn is a bin and a notice warning owners not to let their dogs foul the footpath.

You ought to see at my sister's house! Its supposed to be a reasonably nice estate in High Green as well. Owners have let their dogs poo on the pavement at the front of her house, and in the corner of her front garden! Absolutely digusting it is! It makes my blood boil. She's had a sign put up by the council, but whether it'll make any difference or not, I really don't know!

How come you never see white dog poo any more? or dog chalk as my dad calls it:hihi:

I have done events before to highlight this issue - getting children out onto their local playing fields,parks, sand dunes etc and sticking little flags in to all the poo they find. Makes quite a shocking picture!

I also like this little effort... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3856215.stm

But we never did this! Mayybe we should start... http://www.boingboing.net/2005/01/23/planting_flags_in_do.html

How do you go about tackling somebody about this? Cos i see this bloke an his girlfriend walking their dog every day, an never have i seen them pick up the poo when their dog as one (if you know what i mean)they let it do it every where on the path, grass, an road, it makes me sick

they dont even try to pick it up.:rant: :rant: :rant:

Forgot to mention he's about 6ft tall and his girlfriend not that far behind an i'm only a short a**e an not very brave

Many years ago we had a dog,and picking up your dogs poo was something new.The amount of poo deposited was bad then,I can"t imagine what it would be like if responsible people did not clean up after their dogs today.

People used to snigger at me when they saw me with my poop scoop.

I used to go mad at my OH for not wanting to take the scoop when he took our yorkie out.

I solved that problem one year on April Fools day.

I wrote a letter as though it was coming from a local person who had seen him let the dog continually do its business in the street. The letter said that the writer was very irate, and if "you do not clear up the mess after your dog has defecated on the pavement then you will be prosecuted"

The look on the OH "s face was priceless!

But,it did the trick,and he always took the poop scoop or a bag afterwards! I was so pleased! Victory!

How do you go about tackling somebody about this? Cos i see this bloke an his girlfriend walking their dog every day, an never have i seen them pick up the poo when their dog as one (if you know what i mean)they let it do it every where on the path, grass, an road, it makes me sick

they dont even try to pick it up.:rant: :rant: :rant:

Forgot to mention he's about 6ft tall and his girlfriend not that far behind an i'm only a short a**e an not very brave

same here,dont want to say anything,for fear of being verbally abused,i have even contacted my local council,to no avail,sick of my kids shoes covered in it and constantly telling them to watch were they are walking!!:rant: :rant:

How come you never see white dog poo any more? or dog chalk as my dad calls it:hihi:

because they dont put bonemeal in dog food now.

There are no excuses for not picking up after your dog- it is sheer laziness. You can buy a box of 100 dog poo bags from any pound/ tat shop for a quid.

Just been to the Co-Op on Gleadless Road, Heeley, and passed 42 dog poos on the pavement, in what was only a 3 min walk!! :shakes:

Some had already been walked in, and others were ripe, waiting to ruin someone's day. This is not only gross to look at, a health hazard, and very inconvenient (I had to weave all over the place to avoid them at either side, and bang in the middle of the pavement), but surely dangerous for people who might slip on them?? My mum trod in one once, and really hurt herself when she fell, as well as having the hassle of acquiring a disgusting odour.

Does anyone know if wardens actually patrol areas looking for offenders, cos there's definitely plenty around Heeley?:help:

Thats dutty that, its like that on arbourthorne road it just stinks of turd lol, id have to move i couldn,t put up with that day in day out.

Yes got a dog and totally agree, poop needs picking up !

Can I just raise a point though.

I was walking my dog early the other morning on the Sportsman field, Lodge Moor.

This field is a right minefield of poo and my kids play on here so it concerns me.

Anyway my lard head of a dog decided to have way more clearouts than usual and Im really sorry to say I got caught out with no bags left.

Looking around with no one in sight, a car with another dog walker in turns around in the car park.

A women inside with her window up starts waveing her finger at me.

As I approached the car she then sped off down Redmires road.

Oh, how I could have done with asking her if she could spare a bag.

With no one else around I abanded it to the rain, shouting at the dog on the way.

My point is, if you come across someone with a dog pooing and leaves it behind.

Please don't mump under your breath, tut, wave finger or even run home to come on here and rant in a all knowing way.

Approach them, It maybe someone you can help like me ( if your a dog owner with bags that is )

If it's someone genuinely leaving their poo, then chances are they'll be so ashamed, embarresd or whatever, they'll pick it up.

If you do get faced with an aggressive nature then move on but at least you tried.

M.