Tracing the Revitt family of Stannington

Hi Pop T,

Looking at the IGI you can get back to 1690 with the birth of William Revitt but it only gives his wife's name not his parents then.

hi pop t my fathers name is alan revill he lived around glaedless and surrounding areas in the 1960s 1970s,his fathers name was frank revill,they also lived in boston in lincolnshire.any good to you?

Hi Josh

Although I have read on the forum that the Revitt family and the Revill family are connected I have not found a connection as yet.

Thankyou for the info I will check it out if I do find a connection.

Happy Days!

Hi Rivellin6

I'm asorry if I msunderstoofd your posting but your website you put on the forum does state the prices charged for family searches and information.

Thanking you PopT

Pop T

Are you still looking for info on Revitts? I have details of a William Revitt marrying a Ruth Webster in 1714. My link is through the Barker family Joseph Barker married Maria, who was the daughter of Sarah (a Revitt born in 1811).

My family tree is traced back to Robert Revitt. Apparently the Revitt family were driven out of France approx 1683.

Let me know if I can help further.

I seem to remember the Revitt family was at the big house called Revell Grange on Rails rd or Bingley Rd at Stannington. i accept i may be completely wrong but it would also help establish a Revitt / Revell link which Popt mentioned.

[quote=PopT;

The Revitt family are also connected to the Greaves, Beachells, Askey,Pease and Timmins families

Gday Pop, My great granmother is listed on my grandfathers birth certificate as Alice Greaves Beachell, formerly Revitt, I might have to get in touch with my nephews wife as she did our family tree.

On one of the 2 Stannington threads on the forum, there is a link to Stannington history & local people killed in the wars, you might find something there.

I have a vast quantity of information on the Revells (all spellings) as i have been researching this name since 1972.

I don't think there is any connection between Revett and Revell, apart from people misreading difficult handwriting. Revell Grange is a lovely old house, I have had the privilege of having a look round.

Rainyplace.

I have sent you a PM regarding mutual ancestry.

Redlegs

Edited by Redlegs

skippy.

I have sent you a PM regarding our mutual ancestry.

Redlegs

I've PM'd you too Redlegs, or should I say Cuz, :hihi: your Great Great Grandmother was my Great Grandmother, what a small world this is.

Minimo

I have noticed the old house with the large Quorn stones at the gates and it looks great.

I'd love to look around even if the Revells are not related to the Revitts.

Popt