Grumpy OAP's rant

Hi

Just been to the shop and this happened. Its not the first time something like this happened either.

Walking up to the shop I walked past this struggling old lady. I got to the door opened it and stood and waited for her to come through. When she got there she said quite snappy. You should have just gone in. I've had to rush now!!!!!!!!!

A few week ago I got on a busy bus and sat near front. Again an elderly lady got on. So been a young lad I stoop up to let her sit down. Do you know what she said to me!!!! If you sat at the back in the first place you wouldn't have to move!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it with this!!! I know of a thousand people of my age that on both occasions would have a. let the door shut in her face. b. Probably said No you can't sit down you old bag. SHould I give up been courteous to the older generation!!!!!!!!

It is one of the great myths of our time that young people are less courteous than the elderly, right up there with the one that states that youngsters these days can't spell.

Oh noooo, please not again:suspect:

Just sharing my experience of 2 occasions of rudeness that I have encountered in the last couple of weeks. Can you ever start a thread on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liam mate, just take pride in knowing that when your that age you can do the same :D

I'm waiting for the day I can be a grumpy old ba... person :)

It is one of the great myths of our time that young people are less courteous than the elderly, right up there with the one that states that youngsters these days can't spell.

tuesday i was on the bus and a young mum got on with a pram co i got and moved to the back of the bus and some old git had his leg stuck and i acidently knocked it stright away i said sorry and explained that i had got up for the young mum and he had a right go at me. the language he used would have made a squadie blush. he even said that if he was younger he hav given me a clip. i know people hu would have cliped him for just sayin that.

Liam mate, just take pride in knowing that when your that age you can do the same

I'm waiting for the day I can be a grumpy old ba... person

Ha ha. yeah I can't wait for the day. Im gonna be sooooo rude. And then complain about people complaining about it forums.

Cuppa tea? :hihi:

Maybe you didn't have a big smile on your face and looked friendly. :D

(Bago rushes to the kitchen for a cuppa.)

(Bago rushes to the kitchen for a cuppa.)

Milk 2 sugars. Don't worry tho im practicing been an OAP so I will probably spit at you when you bring it me :hihi:

Ha ha. yeah I can't wait for the day. Im gonna be sooooo rude. And then complain about people complaining about it forums.

I avoid OAP's where possible, had one the other week screaming and spitting at me because she thought I was an Immigrant :suspect:

I must start shaving more!

You should remember that some of us "old ones" often meet "older ones" also and probably have the same rudeness directed at us too.

I was always told to ignore such behaviour and that you had to make allowances for old people

Likewise I was taught that you have to make allowances for young people as well because..."there only kids"

Is there EVER a right age I wonder:D