Sign in to follow this  

Football(Promotion & Relegation)

Originally posted by Jonesy

You've just signed our Keeper Duke. We wish him good luck but most of us can't quite believe a club at your level has come in for him, he is a brilliant shot-stopper, but he couldn't kick a bean bag. Have you seen him play yet? He played against Spurs I heard. ON his day he is brilliant but like I say he can't kick, especially backpasses, and gets lobbed too much for someone of his size.

Only seen the goals he has let it which to be honest did look a bit dodgy. Althouhg playing against, Man City and Birmingham was a bit of a step up! Think he will be ok once he gets use to "League 1" and our nice shiny ground! Hopefully shouldn't be needed too much anyway. Probably not as good as the other keeper we signed who went AWOL after a week. He was 4th choice for Portugal. Nevermind!

I think top 2 for the Blades. Top 6 for the Owls and Barnsley. Doncaster might just make the play-offs. I think Rotherham and Chesterfield will both struggle. I think Leeds will end up mid-table.

My ideal situation would be Blades winning Championship, Owls getting relegated to League 2, Leeds getting relegated to League 1. Don't know why, but I always like to see Rotherham and Doncaster do well!

I think SUFC are better prepared this coming season.But the defence worries me,Chris Morgan is a decent defender so was Page the 2002/03 season.But last season 2003/04 he did not play well in many matches,but I hope he does well for Cardiff.Steve Kabba is a good young player who last season had a nightmare & Utd will have him back nearer xmas,giving Warnock another good player to fight for a place.SWFC have a lot of young players but I still think they will have a decent season.Donny have done really well from the Conference to Div 3 to Div 2they could be the modern day Wimbledon who know's.As for the other Yorkshire teams I think Barnsley have a good chance on promotion with a good manager.Leeds mid table.Chesterfield I feel will be relegated they were lucky last season.Rotherham just out of relegation again.Good luck to all the other teams.

Not a bad start from the Blades but Ashley Ward blew it in the last few minutes, Jonathan Forte went round 3 players & laid it on a plate for Ward but too miss from 2 yards is pathetic,I have never rated this guy.Warnock should have left Hayles on he was just getting used to the play when he was taken off.As for Harley what a signing he is going to be,he was brilliant.Oh dear SWFC lost 3.0 in the last 5 mins what can I say,get rid of the the manager a goalkeeper has not succeded in becoming a manager & I do not think Turner will do it either.well done to the other Yorkshire teams.

What a ****! I never rated him and questioned the signing from the start, why get rid of Asaba for that?

On the plus side was a good pochers goal from Andy Gray, Forte is coming through with flying colours, Harley and Hayles look to be doing well and Bromby did well to. I was suprised Quinn wasn't played, I think a top six finish is the least this team should do.

Originally posted by Beastieboy

What a t**t! I never rated him and questioned the signing from the start, why get rid of Asaba for that?

On the plus side was a good pochers goal from Andy Gray, Forte is coming through with flying colours, Harley and Hayles look to be doing well and Bromby did well to. I was suprised Quinn wasn't played, I think a top six finish is the least this team should do.

asaba??? id rather have ward......

but agreed about rest, forte is really starting to impress, and quinn shud have started from the off set.

as for hayles though, he dint even have a shot yesterday

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

asaba??? id rather have ward......

but agreed about rest, forte is really starting to impress, and quinn shud have started from the off set.

as for hayles though, he dint even have a shot yesterday

I wonder if Hayles would have put the chance away that Ward missed?

IMO Asaba is on the same level as Ward but did hit a few good goals for us, had a bit more energy and opend play up for others around him. Yet again Ward, Morgan and the rest of the team were giving too many free kicks from set pieces in the Burnley box.

I think Hayles will open his account against Stoke or Reading this week.I liked Asaba he was more of a team player than Ward.A few old Blades players scored at the weekend Allison,who in my mind should never have been in the team,all he was for Warnock was a target man & did not score many goals in the last 2 seasons.As for Forte I think he will have a blinding season assuming that he can get a good run in the team.Tomorrow Utd 2 Stoke 1.Saturday Utd 1 Reading 1 we have to watch Forster he is a good player & he has been a thorn in Utds side over the last 2 seasons.

asaba always liked one too many touches, and generally lost the ball, although he was a cracking signing to start off with us.

hayles is looking bad to be honest, one shot in 2 games is not filling me with optimism, but we shall see

bromby, who i dint think wud do any good is now making me eat my own words, hes playing good and them throws COME ON

tonge needs dropping as does monty, and so to alan wright

a bit of shuffling round and we cud have a very consistent good team

Kenny

Bromby - jagielka morgan - harley

francis - quinn thirlwell - forte

liddell

Gray

i am obviously picking this team when players are fit ie francis

subs could be, tonge kozluk monty kabba sharp

I just hope Forte gets more time on the pitch this season, Tonge is carrying on from the end of last season does not look sharp enough, Bromby's throws are better than Tonges corners.

Then again how long did it take to get a win last season?

How did we manage not to score on Tuesday? Hope we can do better against Reading.

well as i saw it, we only had one good shot, but the ref seemed intent on making sure we dint score, and he seemed to hate harley.

wasn't impressed with quinny doing his antics of going for player and not ball LOL

de goey is a great signing for stoke though definately

saturday shud see a better game at BDTBL cause reading are a lot more attacking than the sly stoke and burnley, and with little out of there side we have one less thorn

As a blade I hope we can get to the promised land,but I feel we have had our chance when brown was here and now it looks like the play offs at best.

As for the owls I think they shoul'd at least make the play offs,their trouble is when teams come to hillsbrough they raise their game.

Barnsley will make the play offs they have signed some good players and in ian hart they have a good manager who plays the game like it shoul'd be played.

Huddersfield will get to the play offs and so will Hull City,as for Rotherham I think they may struggle this season without a proven goal scorer.

Donny will finish mid table and I dont think leeds will go up either.