Sheffields highest and lowest points above sea level???

I always heard that the bit where the two blocks of flats on Herdings is the highest point in sheffield. Not sure if it is like but I've heard that off a lot of people.

if i remember this right on reaburn rd there are two tower blocks outside on a grassed area theres a big stone with an inscription witch says this is sheffields highest point going to check it out tomorrow

Highest point is somewhere up at top of Derwent Valley. Lowest point is down somewhere near Meadowhall.

Highest point is somewhere up at top of Derwent Valley. Lowest point is down somewhere near Meadowhall.

Meadowhall is always a low point to me!;)

As you do, I got into a bit of a shamefully sad, yet quite interesting chat about Sheffield highest and lowest points...

My thinking is that the highest could be Meadowhead roundabout and the lowest being near the wicker...

I am probably wrong in this but if anyone out there could come at me with an accurate answer that'd be great!

:)

the highest is point is the top of wincobank hill, that's why the bbc used to go up there with satellite van to film the snooker at the crucible.And the Romans built a lookout tower there.

the highest is point is the top of wincobank hill, that's why the bbc used to go up there with satellite van to film the snooker at the crucible.And the Romans built a lookout tower there.

Sorry but its not. Wincobank Hill is only something like 130M above sea level, plenty of areas within the surburbs that are higher. Fulwood for example is about 100M higher that Wincobank. It's already been stated the highest and lowest points.

The highest point in Sheffield at 548m is High Stones: here.

The lowest point in Sheffield at 29m is where the Don passes under Templeborough Bridge at Blackburn Meadows here.

Since I last looked at the map of High Stones I notice another contour line has appeared. The little oval to the west of the marked highpoint, drawn with a thick "50m" line, so being 550m. That suggests that the area has been resurveyed at some point recently, and the highest point within Sheffield is within that small 550m area.

The city boundary is the dashed line about 300m west of the 550m oval, running between the 420m and 430m contours.