Government Minister says "Irresponsible Face of Capitalism" - Ryanair?

Who are you with in this debate? you can chose more than one answer  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you with in this debate? you can chose more than one answer

• I'm with the Environment Minister, Ian Pearson,
    • I'm with The Ryanair boss, a business man who lives in the real world
    • Someone put these Environmentalists into room 101
    • Someone put the I Capatalists into room 101 - they are ruining the planet

easyjet ryanair only buy new aircraft

on the point of four years old it was stated today none of ryanair are more than 2 1/2 years old

ryanair have 126 new planes already on order for 2009

pretty serious investments then. :)

We all have a lot to thank the budget airlines for if it was not for them millions of people would never have seen the places that once were the ones that only the very rich could visit. You only have to look at the other airlines like BA KLM and the others on what you would be paying and then double it because if it was not for the likes of ryanair bmi and easyjet they would be charging double.some fares from england to say palma de mallorca are advertised at £1400 and you have to change flights en route sometimes three times and it takes 15 hours not all I agree.

Long live budget airlines. **** the train companies

Ryanair had a run-in with the government over security measures in the summer.

Tesco would probably be a better nominee for the 'unacceptable face of capitalism'.

Ryanair had a run-in with the government over security measures in the summer.

Tesco would probably be a better nominee for the 'unacceptable face of capitalism'.

it seems they have just had another

more like Irresponsible Face of non leg room .. but i guess you pay for what you get :D

Bless em

while on this subject, the proposed ecco tax on each flight which it estimate will be approx\£6.60 per person per flight. this is supposed to combat global warming. HOW????????????

Can anybody tell me and everyone what the so called goverment are going to do with this money they collect,send someone to the north and south pole to repair the damage done by global warming I think not.

It will just go into the coffers of the treasury,talk about Capitalism is it not the poltican who made this remark a frying pan talking to a kettle.

seriously what is going to happen to the money????????

We all have a lot to thank the budget airlines for if it was not for them millions of people would never have seen the places that once were the ones that only the very rich could visit.

While that's great for the people who went, it's exactly what is causing so much trouble. People expect to be able to travel everywhere, and the world simply cannot sustain such a system.

The money (increased green airline tax) should go to things like R&D for renewable energy sources. Improving public transport, lowering the cost of public transport, making it easier to recycle e.g. those blue bins/boxes and paying for carbon offset e.g. planting trees etc.

But in reality it all goes to Iraq to pay for that new HUMVEE that just blew up, or to pay an MP's 'expenses'

While that's great for the people who went, it's exactly what is causing so much trouble. People expect to be able to travel everywhere, and the world simply cannot sustain such a system.

The ecco tax wont stop one single person travelling would you give you yearly holiday up for the sake of £6.60 I do not think so, the collection of this tax is more stealth than substance. The fares are cheap anyway a little more will make little or no difference.

three cheers for stelios mick and tiny they should be running the country not a budget airline.

Just seen on the news that by 2020, emissions from airlines should be cut by 46%

But how?

The Environment Minister Ian Person says Ryanair is the 'Irisponsible face of Capitalism', and the Ryanair Boss says 'you don't know what your talking about'

Now personally I am sideing with The Ryanair Posse. as this is a man who is generating millions and billions for this country, and is doing something to benefit our Country/economy and generating hugh taxes (which we all benefit from)

The other Bloke Ian Pearson generates...er... lots of hot air... proposes raising taxes, from which ....we all ..er pay through the nose for.

BUT MY ORIGIONAL QUESTION

how is the 46% reduction to be achieved, simply by putting £29 extra on a flight to America, or £9 to Geneva. Are we to assume that there will be 46% less planes flying around?

or will there be 46% less passengers? I'm assuming that the planes will still be flying around in the air, but with 46% less passengers on them..... BUT.... if there are 46% less passengers, the planes will still be in the air flying around (polluting) and the other 54% will have to get to their destinations (London to Paris) by other means, possibly by car, walking, rowing boat or on a horse to their destinations

OH god, I'm confused, someone explain, or even better lets have a vote

i think they are looking at the flights that are only half full or even less than that, cuttin services so that the flights that do go should be fuller.

Virgin has recently started taxiing(SP?) the planes tothe runway with the tugs, which saves on average 2 tonnes of fuel per flight as the plains are more fuel efficient in the air. Usually the tugs just push the planes back and they make thier own way to runway.

the ryanair boss who was live on the news this afternoon said some stupid things and made himself look like a bit of a plonker in my opinion, but thats just my opinion!