Interested in playing board games?

Yay, that's at least two people who can either already play backgammon, or are willing to learn.

I am so there.

Hey, this sounds all great.

Am pleased to hear that you are all up for it!

I went to the Riverside yesterday evening and we took a game with us...started talking to the barman and he said that he might join us one day. so, thumbs up! :thumbsup:

jen

Would love to have a face to face Go game at some point ....... I lost my sets, so hoping someone else plays .........

Awww I just noticed that you're meeting this coming Sunday ... I've posted my birthday meet in the DedCat for the same date, so I can't come sorry!

Next time though, certainly ... have fun!

Hi All!

Just to sum it all up for everyone who is interested in coming:

The boardgame evening will take place this Sunday (14.01) at the Riverside Cafe Bar (if you need directions, there is a link within this thread). We will meet at 7.00pm - Joanne and I will turn up a few minutes earlier and place some boardgames on the table so that you can find us!

The people that expressed an interest in coming so far are

joanne

christomancy

cowpie

stellhead31

mattel

happyhippy

jenniker

...if you are not listed, but would like to come to, just put your name down on this threat! Everyone is welcome!

Could everyone bring their boardgames along? Preferably some games that we can play all together to get to know each other a little bit. (For the backgammon fans: I am sure a "backgammon subgroup" will develop out of this as so many of you seemed interested in this game - will have to try it out myself one day).

Great! I am looking forward to it.

Jen

PS:For those listed above, it would be great if you could pm me or post a message to let me know if you are coming or not...thanks. Jen

Sounds fun, if i can i may come down

Jen, you said i could be game richter

Hey Jen, I'm up for it - beats building Ikea furniture :D The only board game I have though is one I got for Christmas and have been waiting for the right opportunity to crack it out. It's called Pylos, a Google search should bring it up (not enough posts to put a link in). Unfortunately it's only 2 player but sure we can see how the evening progresses...

Waffer - yes you can, but only if you let me win!

Enix - sounds great! come along and let s see what happens...

jen

Well jen, I never took you for being that type of girl.

Well jen, I never took you for being that type of girl.

...life is full of surprises... :rolleyes:

I’d be interested in coming along to an evening like this. I used to be part of the last group of forumers, who would plan board game evenings. We haven’t done it for a year or two and it’s a much missed relaxed evening. Can’t be there this Sunday, as I’m at another meet but certainly give me a shout if it goes well and you have another one.

Just want to check one thing.

Sunday 14th sounds good, what sort of time?

I'm in for backgammon if you fancy a game :)

Otherwise I'll happily get beaten at most things :D

Mattel

If it’s this Mattel surely you have an advantage….