Any Housley Or Houseleys Out There?

Sure is Retep, they married at St. Peter's...now the cathedral of course. Do you know of these folk? I am descended from their daughter Sarah Oldale who married a Georgius Barber.

Hi retep and all,

What is the protocol for contacting to exchange info pictures etc. Do we put our emails on here or what?

Guest Ant

Florrie Housley married my granny's brother and became Mrs Harry Burn. We're all related if we go back far enough !

Lived on Watery Street and died at Buchanan Road, aged 60, if I remember rightly.

Hi Retep,

I've hijacked my husbands log-in:hihi: :hihi: We met when you came down to the Coach and Horses. The CD you gave me was fantastic and I still use it now - after what, it must be two and a half years. We didn't actually get the chance to talk about the more up to date Housleys. My husbands family started the Housley cutlery firm and thru' talking to his mum I've gleaned a fair bit of info. I don't actually know where his Housleys and mine tie in but its not in the last century. We need to meet up again.

Hi,

I'm another Housley. What period does your info cover? I have at least 3 lines linked back to early 1700s late 1600's. It includes actresses at the turn of the last century. Happy to swop info preferably by CD.

Gordon

Hi,

I'm another Housley. What period does your info cover? I have at least 3 lines linked back to early 1700s late 1600's. It includes actresses at the turn of the last century. Happy to swop info preferably by CD.

Gordon

Actresses

Marie married-Wilfred Edwin Payne

Edith married-Robert Gompertz

Jane married-Eugine Henry Rene Dequin

Grace - died on stage

my mum was from.. heeley bottom.. then..barry drive southey.. the name of maurenn housley.. born...43

There was a Douglas Housley in my class at Hillsborough County School in the late 40's early 50's.

Happy Days!

Hi Sorry for the long silence but my family tree is now shorter by 2 and the result has been the need for a lot of support for my wife and son and daughter in law. I've just started to pick up the family history again and would very much like to swop information as I said earlier on the Forum

Gordon

Hi Sorry for the long silence but my family tree is now shorter by 2 and the result has been the need for a lot of support for my wife and son and daughter in law. I've just started to pick up the family history again and would very much like to swop information as I said earlier on the Forum

Gordon

Back in touch with email.

I went to Hillsborough County School and there was a Douglas Housley in the class.

If he is still alive he will be around 69 yrs old now.

I hope this helps.

Happy Days!

My mate Eddie Housley is the landlord of the Coach and Horses at Chapeltown.

He once lived in Ecclesfield. Don't know if there is a connection though. He kept The Griffin.