The new Sheaf Square & Midland Station concourse

I have to say i as down there in the evening last week, and i thoght it was so beautiful i had to sit down because i was just stunned. This realy creates such a good impression of sheffield for people arriving here. Excellent.

I'm afraid I don't care for the water fountains, the prettiness of much, only for the trains.

I spend 10 minutes waiting for a train, and almost two hours on it.

I know Sheffield cant change the trains, but it seems daft to make the entrance pretty when money could be used to make the seats on the train comfier and more of them instead of having to stand up for two hours.

Dont mean to sound like a miserable git :S, it does look nice, and yes I am very impressed, but to me its the icing on a poor cake.

so let me get this right you would prefer sheffield to donate money to private rail operators to improve their trains rather than invest it in the city?makes sense that does.

They keep digging bits of it back up. Why can't they just finish it instead of missing bits out so they can have a party and then go back and redo everything? They did the same with the City Hall.

I do like it but there's still barriers all over the place.

^^I agree. I don't see why they didn't just delay the opening and finish it properly before they opened it.

When is this going to be finished - they had the grand opening in December and yet the work goes on... an on... and on.

I hope there were penalty clauses in the contract so that the council tax payer isn't footing the bill for the late completion.

But then that would require some business sense... something that appears lacking in the current council

my bigest moan is that the arrivials board is in a bad position near to W H Smiths I only found it the other day after asking at the enquiry office.

Frankly it is insulting to put it there as anyone who arrives from the bus station as to walk towards the car park , why they assume that every one comes by car !!

well considering before the station refurbishment began there were NO arrival screens i would say that having one outside WHSmiths is a vast improvement,not ideal maybe,but more than what used to be.

Not totaly correct semerpus: there wasnt a seperate arrivals board , jhowever , the arrivial information was contained within the departure board it did both jobs. From what I udeerstand if you are on the platforms there is now arrivial informaiton at all. And trying to find staff is at times impossible.

incorrect busman

the old tv style monitors only showed terminating London trains and through trains.it didin't show any local arrivals operated by Arriva/Northern.( alot of trains!)

From what I udeerstand if you are on the platforms there is now arrivial informaiton at all. And trying to find staff is at times impossible.

from what you understand?? so you've not actually seen it only got it via somebody?? Again There never has been arrival information on the platforms

Maybe trying to find staff is 'impossible' cos they are working,doing other station duties,assisting customers etc?? You managed to find that enquiry desk and ask there so it must have been some staff....

The station is a huge improvement on wot we had before and people shoiuld be pleased,yes it's not perfect but nothing in this life is.