The old houses off Penistone rd

I remember the Walls...weren't there twin boys, Steven and Malcolm? And an older brother Mick who died a few years ago after falling off a roof he was working on?

Malcom is Steven & Janes dad we lived next door to them.

Mick did die a few years ago. When I got married we moved onto Vere Road, Mick lived on there.

The name Pont came from the grandmother Ada Kershaw who married John Arthur Pontefract in 1890 Ada Pontefract opened the shop and for ever after it was known as Ponts, including anyone who lived there.

I was born and raised on Tanfield Road until they pulled the houses down to widen Penistone Road which would have been about 1982-3.

My mom and dad are called Margared and Harry Waller, I have a sister called Mandy.

Some of the kids that lived on Tanfield

Steven and Jane Wall

David Smith

Julie and Paul Shardlow

Mandy Goddard & sister

Nick Didsbury

Micheal & Mark Wareham

Ashley & Tracey (sorry forgot the surname)

Andrew Manning

Alison & Jason Morton

and Neil Smith who just visited his Gran.

I remember your sister, Mandy, but dont remember you, infact i saw her down hillsboro the other day when i was over in sheff...(i live in chesterfield now) and said out loud..."gosh, Mandy Waller!" She was more my sisters age i think about 37/8?

I remember a Micheal Wall he was in my year at school so would be about 35 now? I hope i have got the wrong one, he had red hair?

Just read through this thread and I remember a lot of the names on here. I used to live over the road up the side of lilly's. I was in the same year as mick wall at hillsborough, sorry to hear about that.

Mick was older than me, in his 50's I think, The one you mention Rachylou could be his son although I am not sure.

Mick was older than me, in his 50's I think, The one you mention Rachylou could be his son although I am not sure.

Mick did indeed fall from a roof....he had a son and daughter .

Micks son is called Mick (Michael) and was living near the tesco is on infirmary road.

I was born and raised on Tanfield Road until they pulled the houses down to widen Penistone Road which would have been about 1982-3.

My mom and dad are called Margared and Harry Waller, I have a sister called Mandy.

Some of the kids that lived on Tanfield

Steven and Jane Wall

David Smith

Julie and Paul Shardlow

Mandy Goddard & sister

Nick Didsbury

Micheal & Mark Wareham

Ashley & Tracey Bond

Andrew Manning

Alison & Jason Morton

and Neil Smith who just visited his Gran.

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa303/BigDaftOwl/?action=view&current=chaucer83-2.png

i think you will find some of those names on these faces...;)

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa303/BigDaftOwl/?action=view&current=chaucer83-2.png

i think you will find some of those names on these faces...;)

I can just workout craig Wainwright from that photo and i think it could be John mclean the second one from you on your left???

I'm so glad it wasn't the Michael i was thinking of Vicky, but sorry if it was his dad.

I can just workout craig Wainwright from that photo and i think it could be John mclean the second one from you on your left???

I'm so glad it wasn't the Michael i was thinking of Vicky, but sorry if it was his dad.

second on your left or mine...?

JM has his hand on the ball...

second on your left or mine...?

JM has his hand on the ball...

On yours...yep thought it were...also jon fox is there, he used to go out with my sister for about a couple of months i think. It all ended when she found out that he'd lied to her by saying that they owned a chippy!!!turned out that his mum just worked in one. I dont know the lengths some people go to just to impress your loved ones....she were gutted!:(:( :hihi:

On yours...yep thought it were...also jon fox is there, he used to go out with my sister for about a couple of months i think. It all ended when she found out that he'd lied to her by saying that they owned a chippy!!!turned out that his mum just worked in one. I dont know the lengths some people go to just to impress your loved ones....she were gutted!:(:( :hihi:

no free chip butties for life then... :hihi: the things we do for love.