Issues regarding the Roads and the Environment

May i suggest sorting out the pothole situation? I spend a lot of my working day driving around the whole city,and my poor car simply cant cope with the abuse i subject it to! Other than weaving around the road like a drunk blind woman,there really isnt anyway of avoiding these buggering craters :hihi:

Re positives....... err......... :confused::suspect:

Bobvob - good luck!

All other Forummers - please keep the comments constructive and non-abusive! :)

Thanks Joe P

I will soon be starting with the council, as an employee, and one of my first jobs will be to look at the Road System.

Welcome to the forum, where exactly are you going to be working Bob ?

Enforcement of existing schemes (eg. tram gate hillsborough corner, people turning right at a left only etc.) should be a priority IMO - lets see how the city runs if people follow the structure that is in place.

Enforcement of existing schemes (eg. tram gate hillsborough corner, people turning right at a left only etc.) should be a priority IMO - lets see how the city runs if people follow the structure that is in place.

Enforcement of the tram gates is on the way, but they have quite a number of issues to resolve, it's a fairly complex thing. Looking like Spring next year or thereabouts.

The Council currently don't have powers to enforce moving traffic offences (like banned turns, no entries, box junctions) but the Government is looking to give them powers in the next year or two. The Government is consulting on it shortly.

Hello

I will soon be starting with the council, as an employee, and one of my first jobs will be to look at the Road System.

It would be really useful if you could let me know of any improvements that could be made, so I could put these ideas forward.

Do you have any gripes, and if so, in what areas?

Are you happy with the current situation? are you getting value for money?

I'm looking at getting off on the right footing,

Thanks Sheffield

Bobvob

What job will you be doing and in which section?

Bob, please fix all the roads in and around Crookes/Broomhill and provide lots of free parking. When you have finished that you will be more than capable of sorting out the situation in the Middle East and world hunger in general! Seriously though some pothole attention would be much-appreciated

Hello

It would be really useful if you could let me know of any improvements that could be made, so I could put these ideas forward.

Thanks Sheffield

Firstly mentioned loads by others pot holes and road surfaces are terrible on most routes

second the routes that have been re surfaced are of poor quality wearing is apparent in places on some already drains / grates stuck up also the new surface is very slippy in dry and wet conditions god help us when snow and ice arrive

thirdly speed humps on some roads to near edge of kerb so it`s either hit the kerb or go into middle of road to avoid the kerb also some seem way to high

fourth Queens road needs looking into it doesnt run smoothly alot of time

Lastly Good luck with it all can`t think of possitives dob`t think there are any!

The Parkway heading towards the motorway is esecially bad at the moment

Hello

It would be really useful if you could let me know of any improvements that could be made, so I could put these ideas forward... >snip<

As far as I and I suspect many other motorists are concerned, you can forget about tweaking traffic-flow, ensuring bus-priority lanes, building new Park-and-Ride locations, etc.... Before you attend to these, the basics need to be addressed...

A massive improvement would be to surface all the roads properly and maintain them!... Although if the current rate of progress is anything to go by, there's enough scope in that one task to occupy you for the remainder of your career with Sheffield Council, until you're ready to collect your gold watch and be put out to grass.

Good luck... You're going to need it! ;)

Hello

Thanks Sheffield

Would people be happy to pay congestion charge? this appears to be an idea that sometimes pops up.

Apparently Surveys carried out seem to show public opinion is changing and is more in favour

What di you think?

Can you clarify that are posting in a personal capacity bobvob, and not on behalf of the council. You seem to gone from asking for views about improvements to the road system (to help you in your new job), to seeking

views on road congestion charges!

Can you make it clear that the council is not making any such proposals.