Favourite kids / childrens programmes

Postman Pat and Thomas the Tank Engine brought me up ;)

What about those kids TV programmes you remember but no-one else ever seems to?

Ludwig - the jeweled egg precursor to Inspector Gadget which could only have come from the mind of someone on the very serious acid trip!

Into the labyrinth - I remember loving this but don't actually remember too much about it :o

Now Get Out Of That - not really a kids program and (nearly) reality TV but still fab!

hehe cool topic!!

clangers

bagpuss

bertha

button moon (got on video)

dogtanian (got on video"!)

greenclaws

roobarb and custard(my ringtone hehe)

the nessies(?)

the shoe people

superted(saw at the theatre!)

care bears (" " )

btw i have the shoe people on vid but its bust :(:(:( sooo upset! that rocked!!

loads more i loved but cant be bothered to remember right now!

mimi

x

I was in HMV in Meadowhall yesterday, and was half tempted to pay £20 for a DVD containing the combined 39 episodes of Trumpton, Chigley and Camberwick Green.

Hey those programmes were CLASS back in the day... I'd have bought the DVD if it weren't for the fact that Mum said she would persuade the whole family to mercilessly rip the **** out of me for doing so for the rest of my natural days.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Johnny Briggs yet! Best theme tune of all time, i reckon.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of random kids' TV, does anyone else recall 'Watt on Earth'? Which was about an alien. Who went by the name of 'Watt'...

:D

I was a massive fan of Dungeons and Dragons, always used to wind me up though when dungeon master always used to disappear behind that rock oh and how they could have got home in one episode but Bobby wouldn't leave the stupid whining unicorn-right annoying.

Also loved loved knightmare "Play fair or fear play foul" :thumbsup:

Big fan of :

Muppet babies

Battle of the planet

trapdoor

Willo the wisp

cities of gold

Bertha

And of course Dogtanian

Used to also love Robin of sherwood and all creatures great and small on a sunday!!

Oh and the best saturday show by far was Going Live with Philip Schofield (though i was a secret watcher of sm:tv with ant and dec!! A sad attempt to try and reclaim my youth me thinks!!)

Ok, you all ready for another burst? . . . . ( cough )

You can knock it, you can rock it, you can go to Timbuktu

But you'll never find a Nessie in the zoo!

You may seek an anaconda, a giraffe & kangaroo

But you'll never find a Nessie in the zoo! :D

Anyone remember "Terrorhawks" the programme with the 0 & X twist.

What about "Manimal" the man who morphed into a variety of animal's when thing's got bad.

Streethawk, Uylesses, Thundercats, all classics surprised none of them have managed a re-run on Sky/Cable TV.

Also could anyone tell me the name of the puzzle based programme set in space, the one with the white hexagonal frame, or is that just a dream i had.

Originally posted by Rubber_soul

Anyone remember "Terrorhawks" the programme with the 0 & X twist.

What about "Manimal" the man who morphed into a variety of animal's when thing's got bad.

Streethawk, Uylesses, Thundercats, all classics surprised none of them have managed a re-run on Sky/Cable TV.

Also could anyone tell me the name of the puzzle based programme set in space, the one with the white hexagonal frame, or is that just a dream i had.

i think it was "the adventure-game", rubbersoul. I loved that programme! It was excellent, the puzzles were mind-fodder, making the old grey-cells work overtime.

The inhabitants of this space craft were dragon-type creatures who took on human form. Do you remember the dragon king, Rangdor, who used to disguise himself as an aspisistra plant.. (chuckles;_ do you remember that? and the professor-y type who looked like the first or second Doctor who, William Hartnell?)

The greetings, and titles etc were anagrams of the word "Dragon"

eg when teh king arrived, he would be greeted by the people bowing and saying "grondo, grondo, oh Rangdor!"

it was like an early cross between Knightmare, and The Crystal Maze, with the puzzles to solve.

then, when you had finally got through all the tests and puzzles, you could only "go home" once you'd safely crossed that hexagonal grid. The only problem was, that you had to avoid the Vortex thing that was chasing you, trying to block your access to the opposite side , and freedom.

And terror (terra?) hawks was my son (and other -half)'s favourite programme. It was a Gerry Anderson creation , yes, the same bloke who created "Thunderbirds", "Joe 90", "Torchy, the Battery Boy" and the series set in an undersea world with Troy Tempest and the mute mermaid, Marina... I can't remember the name of that programme.

oh, hang on! my mate has just told me! it was "Stingray"!!

PT

Remember teh other Anderson creation "Captain Scarlet and The Mysterons"?

All about this guy who "fate" has made indestructible and his fight against the Mysterons from the planet Mars.