Favourite kids / childrens programmes

animal magic, when johnny morris gave all the animals voices.

Originally posted by Rich

Remember teh other Anderson creation "Captain Scarlet and The Mysterons"?

All about this guy who "fate" has made indestructible and his fight against the Mysterons from the planet Mars.

Mr PT was telling me; the reason Captain Scarlet was indestructible, (IIRC), Rich, was because he was a clone (?!)

PT

Does anyone remember a kids TV quiz on the beeb called "Beat the Teacher" mid to late 80's I think. Seem to recall some teacher from Sheffield being on there, think he was called Mr Jones or something not sure which school he was from. Anyways he was on for weeks and none of the kids could beat him, I think he was eventually told that he had to lose in the end.

Yes I remember it. It put teachers up against pupils with pupils coming off best the majority of the time (If I remember correct) I can't remember the exact details of the game but I seem to remember a naughts and crosses board?

i used to love saturday morning tv ... in 78 tiswas was the show watch a few at school used to watch swap shop on bbc1 but that was for ready brek kids from the posh areas:thumbsup:

My favourites as a child were:

Superted (& spotty man)

Roland Rat

The Muppet Show

Dungeons & Dragons

Button Moon

Byker Grove

Sooty (don't laugh)

Thunderbirds

He-Man

Chocabloc (i think thats right)

& a programme I think was called T-bag, T-bag was played by someone who is now in Emerdale but I don't watch it so don't know her name, also had somebody called T-shirt in it but don't remember much else.

Apparently when I was 1 I was a huge fan of Dallas and wouldn't go to bed until it had finished. Also at this age i apparently used to cry when Willo the Wisp finished, don't remember this though.

Originally posted by Rubber_soul

Anyone remember "Terrorhawks" the programme with the 0 & X twist.

What about "Manimal" the man who morphed into a variety of animal's when thing's got bad.

Streethawk, Uylesses, Thundercats, all classics surprised none of them have managed a re-run on Sky/Cable TV.

Also could anyone tell me the name of the puzzle based programme set in space, the one with the white hexagonal frame, or is that just a dream i had.

I forgot to mention "Jossy's Giants" the kid's football team based in the North east, i loved that program, i wonder where they are now.

tales of the river bank,andy pandy,wooden tops,muffin the mule,vision on,watch with mother.im really not that old,:D ,honest

Does anybody remember a a kids Tv quiz show based on movies. The actual title of the quiz show was set in a reel of film, there were 3 contestant on each team and it was set out like the ' Have I got news for you' set, with the presenter in the middle.

It was on beeb 1 in the 80's and I just cant remember what it was called!!!!!

Does anyone remember the cartoon Sport Billy? Didn't you just want one of those bags. :D

Originally posted by adlinds

My favourites as a child were:

Superted (& spotty man)

Roland Rat

The Muppet Show

Dungeons & Dragons

Button Moon

Byker Grove

Sooty (don't laugh)

Thunderbirds

He-Man

Chocabloc (i think thats right)

& a programme I think was called T-bag, T-bag was played by someone who is now in Emerdale but I don't watch it so don't know her name, also had somebody called T-shirt in it but don't remember much else.

Apparently when I was 1 I was a huge fan of Dallas and wouldn't go to bed until it had finished. Also at this age i apparently used to cry when Willo the Wisp finished, don't remember this though.

The woman who played the original T-Bag plays Diane Blackstock in Emmerdale.

Originally posted by Lickszz

Does anyone remember the cartoon Sport Billy? Didn't you just want one of those bags. :D

Oooooh, ooooh yes I remember that (just - senility is a cruel mistress!)