Smartly dressed woman asking for money round the station last night

Apparently Gemma hasn't been seen for a long time now. I just asked Farmgirl as she occasionally came into contact with her through her work. 'Not seen her for months' was the reply I just got so she's either moved on or her addiction has finally got the better of her. :suspect::roll:

Soz to dig up an old thread but I couldn't find the original thread relating to Gemma - blonde haired hooded woman asking for money.

Passed her in town a few weeks ago.

She seems to have cured whichever leg she was limping on. It alternated...

I was asked for money by a middle aged man sat outside the co-op in town the other day, looked cleanish and tidy and sat smoking, he asked for a pound for a cup of tea.

This really annoys me, I have very little money myself and I would like to bet that most of the time these "beggars" have more than I have got....I never , ever give them anything!

You can get one for less than 50p!!!!

I watched a women pulling off this trick the other day for about 10 minutes. She asked 5 people in the 10 minutes and was succesful twice. She was dressed up for a night on't town

Maybe she was on the game. :)

I went to Malaga for a week away last year, and when I was in the queue for departures on the return trip, a bloke with a geordie accent came up to me and asked for a few quid - he was collecting cos he couldn't get a flight home - so he said.

I obviously told him I'd spent all my money on drugs and prostitutes, so he walked off and asked a few other people - his breath STUNK of ale though :gag:

Around 10 minutes later, he approached me again, asking for 10, yes, TEN quid for his flight home - I told him to bugger off (In a none civilised manner) and that he'd already asked me once for just a few quid, the scrounging get! :mad:

Got asked if I had a spare 30 quid in Hull last weekend. Which proves the rumours about Hull are unfounded - it's FAR too upmarket if the beggars ask for that much. :D

she came upto me last night all crying and that.shes still at it.

I watched a women pulling off this trick the other day for about 10 minutes. She asked 5 people in the 10 minutes and was succesful twice. She was dressed up for a night on't town

I got that scrounger today! I was waiting to pick our lass up from work. I was parked just off Charter Row when she came up to the car and asked for about £1.40 for the bus to Gleadless, cos her car had broken down, lol.

Told her I was skint, and she hustled off and asked roughly 5 more people, 2 of which were in cars!

Get a job ya scrounging *******! :rant:

I got that scrounger today! I was waiting to pick our lass up from work. I was parked just off Charter Row when she came up to the car and asked for about £1.40 for the bus to Gleadless, cos her car had broken down, lol.

Told her I was skint, and she hustled off and asked roughly 5 more people, 2 of which were in cars!

Get a job ya scrounging *******! :rant:

What was her sucess rate?

They seem to do quite well.

Last night while walking a friend to the building formerly known as the centre for popular music, we were asked for money by a very well turned-out young lady. Her story was that she had missed the last train and had her wallet stolen so could only get the coach etc etc etc.

She was in nice clothes and was well made-up and certainly didn't look like the people normally asking for money. But her story was obviously nonsense and a lie.

Did anybody else meet her and what did you think? It baffled us trying to figure it out.

This woman is a definite con and I met her near station a couple weeks back weekday evening. She has to do her act outside the station now cos she is barred from within it. She has smartened up her image deliberately to fool the punters. Funny how many trains she is missing and how many wallets she is losing isnt it !!! I ended up giving her 50 pee so she would bugger off and stop annoying me .... funny how she can cry too without producing any tears .... she should tread the theatrical boards and earn some good money for herself .....

What with blonde Gemma and this one and a few more there must be a Sheffield school of theatre turning out annoying female druggie beggers They should have Andrew Lloyd Webber up - yes YOU could be the next famous Sheffield female begger ....

What with blonde Gemma and this one and a few more there must be a Sheffield school of theatre turning out annoying female druggie beggers They should have Andrew Lloyd Webber up - yes YOU could be the next famous Sheffield female begger ....

At least they attend school if only for drama.