Sign in to follow this  

DON'T move into West One!

I really need to have a rant about how awful it has been living in west one! I dont want other people to have to go through what ive been through so thought i would spread the word. Im also interested to see if any of the other residents are as dissapointed with the place as me?

I expected the building to be maintained to a high standard due to how expensive my rent is. However, the lift has been broken for 4 weeks and this means that drunk people are taking the stairs on a fri and sat night. Last weekend 3 strip lights were smashed and someone was sick all over the 2nd floor stairs. But the really annoying things is that reception just dont seem to care! They told me they couldnt get a cleaner in for 3 days! So i was stepping over someone else's sick for half a week. The stair way stank! And still does.

Most of the carpets are stained in the foyer from where people drag their rubbish bags from the lift and most of the walls are marked. Some people have even started to draw graffi on the walls with pencil around the lift area. The motion sensor that switches the lights on on the fourth floor has been hanging from the wall by its wires for months now. The girls in reception wont do anything to fix these problems.

When i first moved in there was a 10cm diameter hole in the plaster on the kitchen wall (which was hidden when i viewed the flat). After a lot of phone calls to reception they eventually sent a decorator out.

Im mostly annoyed because the management just dont seem to be bother in manintaining the building, i dont know where all our expensive rent money is going! Im trapped in a 6 month contract and cant wait to get out!

poor you rach! sounds awful. and to think i was kicking myself for not buying one of those flats :gag:

"Tower blocks were first built in the UK after the Second World War. Initially, they were welcomed, and their excellent views made them popular living places. Later, as the buildings themselves deteriorated, they grew a reputation for being undesirable low cost housing, and many tower blocks saw rising crime levels, increasing their unpopularity."

Tower Blocks

I can see the same with all these "luxury apartments" in 10 years time. Perfect council housing IMO.

Be glad you weren't living at Unite Accommodation - The Forge by Sheff. Utd's ground.

That place was full of Hallam students! No offence, but you guys don't do any work compared to Sheffield Uni students. But the people at reception were the same, not a care in the world.

Bob

"Tower blocks were first built in the UK after the Second World War. Initially, they were welcomed, and their excellent views made them popular living places. Later, as the buildings themselves deteriorated, they grew a reputation for being undesirable low cost housing, and many tower blocks saw rising crime levels, increasing their unpopularity."

Tower Blocks

I can see the same with all these "luxury apartments" in 10 years time. Perfect council housing IMO.

I completely agree with you.

Personally, I wouldn't touch a flat in the city centre with a bargepole.

StarSparkle

City centre flats alway struck me as prisonlike. Hundreds of people stacked on top of each other in close proximity, all you'd need to make the comparisson complete is neighbours swinging lines to each other :)

Hope that the 6 months flys by for you Rach123 :thumbsup:

Yup, know what you mean about the west one reception staff... I've had many a ding-dong with them because of their laid back attitude and blame-someone-else policy... I've found writing letters that go above their heads, having a show-down infront of potential clients and paying them a visit daily until you get what you want sorts them out... :P

Its awful that you have to get nasty with people but they really couldnt give a damn... so caprice got her rag out and got it sorted! :thumbsup:

Oh and by the way, my letter of complaint got me 3 months free parking... :clap:

I really need to have a rant about how awful it has been living in west one! I dont want other people to have to go through what ive been through so thought i would spread the word. Im also interested to see if any of the other residents are as dissapointed with the place as me?

I find this really bizzare as I have the opposite experience to you.

The communal areas get cleaned once a week.

I have come across the lift broken once and it was fixed within a few hours.

The foyer to my building got repainted a few months ago.

If I have a problem, I just call the mobile number for management and they sort it out straight away.

So basically I'm very impressed with the service I'm getting.

Does it depend on which building you are in?

i'd readily agree that UNITE's staffs are not helpful....

and their properties aren't well maintained either...

I don't know much about Hallam students.... but from what i see at Devonshire Courtyard over the year is that some students there don't really study at all.

have you got an address that i could write to to complain because i only have their address. Thanks a lot!

maybe it depends what building you're in. If you own a flat i think you'll tend to live with professionals and so they might make better neighbours but if you rent then you'll live with mostly students. I dont have a problem with students just as long as they dont trash the place...