Petrol Boycott

Originally posted by Lickszz

Here is what the Green party thinks:

:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3773427.stm

I though this was pretty cogent actually:

from the article above - Green MEP

Fuel prices don't reflect the huge hidden costs of road transport - its contribution to climate change, pollution-related ill-health and so on, as well as the costs of road building and accidents

and

from the article above - Tranport 2000 rep

Increasing current supply and freezing duty may reduce fuel prices in the short term and take the heat off the situation, but will not address the pressing issue of climate change and the need to reduce our dependence on oil.

Anything there you'd disagree with?

Originally posted by Sidla

Just boycott petrol full stop. Get an electric car, walk, use public transport, cycle... there are so many alternatives.

All these alternatives cannot take over motor transport or the country would come to a stand still.

Petrol in Ireland when i was there recently was .98e per litre, about 63p.

Its the government thats ripping our people off and something needs to be done.

DaBouncers theory is a good start and i've already sent my emails and lets at least give it a try.

I know crude has recently gone down but the government will keep on raising the price of petrol and big action needs to be taken to remind them that we really do have the power and not them.

The truckers are not going to stand for it much longer and neither should we, and if a boycott of all petrol stations takes place we could find that we all finish up working a 3 day week.

Nice thought but not practical.

Originally posted by Cycleracer

All these alternatives cannot take over motor transport or the country would come to a stand still.

Electric cars could if someone would start mass producing them. As I said, it's about time an more eco-friendly alternative to petrolium is found, and I can't understand why anyone is yet to do it.

Originally posted by Sidla

Electric cars could if someone would start mass producing them. As I said, it's about time an more eco-friendly alternative to petrolium is found, and I can't understand why anyone is yet to do it.

They have, the technology is there and cars can be run on water to but the secret was bought by an oil company and it does not take a guenius to work out why.

Your right Sidla and there should be a mass production of electric/gas or water fueled cars but it would loose the government a large amount of income and if it will run out anyway perhaps this may happen.

It's a conversion you have done on the cars. The cars remain as exonomical as they were previous... no change (or maybe a slight drop but nothing noticable) in mileage.

Your car remains petrol operated, but it also has a tank for LPG too. It's environmentally friendly, half the price of petrol and fully reproducable (or so they tell me).

Trouble is it costs about £1200 to have a car converted... however you'll soon make that back up in no time.

Just paying some tax and stuff first then that's the next thing to be done on the car.:thumbsup:

Archived