Food tolerance testing

You can be Intollerant to virtually anything. I'm intollerant to wheat but not oats or barley that also contain gluten. I've given up trying to understand it, I just go by the try it and see plan and if it causes me pain I don't have it again. The doctor's have told me it's IBS and every year it seems like there's something else I can't eat.

I put it down to over exposure to certain foods. A few years ago, I was broke and could not afford to eat properly so I lived on bread and noodles for six months. About a year later I developed these problems and have had them ever since.

I hope you find out what it is and start to feel better.

Excuse my ignorance here but can you be intollerant to wheat but not gluten?

You can be intolerant to either, and obviously if you are wheat intolerant you just need wheat free food not gluten free.

Coeliac disease is a different specific condition in which gluten reacts with the small bowel and causes the person's immune system to attack their bowel lining, which can result in malnutrition due to the bowel losing its ability to absorb vital nutrients. Obviously this can be quite serious, requires proper diagnosis and then a totally gluten free diet.

Well I have been wheat free since Tuesday and my symptoms have decreased dramatically. I'm not 100% ok but feel so much better now. And to top it off I have lost half a stone in weight!! Surely that can't just be co-incidence? My weight has been the same for ages no matter how hard I try to lose it, it just wouldn't shift. Apart from cutting out wheat I haven't changed my diet ( I eat healthily anyway) so it really must be down to that.

Yippeeee!!! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup::D:thumbsup::D

Try 'Eurax' cream. it says not to use on broken skin (yeah right), takes about 10-15mins to kick in (stings if on broken skin), but then works for about 8-10 hours for me.

For the less maddening, cold/cool water, padded dry and then 'Cuticura' antibacterial talcum powder seems to help.

Archived