Whats going on at Sainsburys - Archer Road?

Whats happening down there? :loopy: My hubby went for me today and couldn't find a thing, they're moving it all round once again, whether its to make room for Xmas stuff I dont know, but he said the staff were getting harrassed by so many people asking where things were. Its so annoying when they do this :mad: They think it makes you look round more and buy more, i think its more likley to drive you away and try elsewhere.

As far as I'm aware they're having an extension and refit.

I once spent half an hour trying to find eggs in one of their shops. They sell all this useless s**t like prussian red wine fish sauce (or somebloodything like that) and they hide their eggs and milk at the back of the shop! :loopy: You know there's a Tesco on Abbeydale right??

Sainsbury's are currently having a refit. The official line is that "we're bringing the layout in line with other Sainsbury's stores".. Whether or not that is the actual case, I couldn't tell you - but it's just as confusing for the majority of staff as it is for customers..

They're aiming to have it completed by September 29th.

I once spent half an hour trying to find eggs in one of their shops. They sell all this useless s**t like prussian red wine fish sauce (or somebloodything like that) and they hide their eggs and milk at the back of the shop! :loopy: You know there's a Tesco on Abbeydale right??

Oh aye. The one that had: no houmus, no lettuces, no yogurt without bits of fruit in (fussy kid), or barbecued chickens at 5.30 the other night. And that was just on the first aisle. They seem to have real stock control problems. God knows what it's like in the middle of the night. Probably got nothing left at all!

Oh aye. The one that had: no houmus, no lettuces, no yogurt without bits of fruit in (fussy kid), or barbecued chickens at 5.30 the other night. And that was just on the first aisle. They seem to have real stock control problems. God knows what it's like in the middle of the night. Probably got nothing left at all!

they start to restock from about 9ish i think - i often go after work and find it impossible to navigate aisles cos they get loads of stuff out, leave it blocking the aisles, then put it away and you have to dig through big crates to get your stuff.

How many refits can one store have in such a short time

I'm quite looking forward to it cos I think they're going to have more clothes. Buying clothes whilst buys bread - Great idea. :thumbsup:

They are having a refit, company I work for is one of the contractors carrying out the work.

I used to work there shelf stacking part time when I was at college and uni. I was there for the first refit when they extended the front of the shop outwards and put the escalators in. Since I left in 1998, I've only been in there a couple of times. Bet it's changed a bit since then.

I don't know what it is about that Sainsburys store, but I can never find what I want in there. I use the Tesco round the corner or the Morrisons further up the road if I have to, you can easily find what you want in both stores.

I think Sainsburys are involved in some secret research with hidden cameras watching shoppers work out the new maze each week, kind of like mice in a lab.

It's the only store I know that has to have maps hanging on some isles.

Don't get me started with bloody tescos on Abbeydale Road....they never have things you want! i take a list with me and once there was about 8 things missing off the shelves that i wanted, i was very close to thinking sod it and dumping my trolley (think i might have been abit hormonal :hihi: ) only reason i shop there instead of sainsburys is because of clubcard points, we get lots so even if its a pain of a shopping trip with their crappy stocked shelves it is usually worth it when the £20 vouchers come through