Things that irritate you beyond belief...

When you speak to someone and you dont hear them properly so you say 'you what' and they say 'thi heard'

no i didnt thats why im asking what :rant:

people who smack their lips when eating and slurp whilst drinking.

people smoking when im eating

people who bite their nails then spit them out

a certain bf who eats crisps in bed and gets crumbs allover

people who talk during television time

chavs who listen to their mobile 'tunes' on their mobile whilst im coming home from work

chewing gum loudly

i could go on and on

The one thing that irritates me most is SF users asking the way to somewhere (the answer to that should be buy an A-Z), which buses take you where, what do do on their weekends off and similar daft questions that with a little bit of intiative they could find out quite easily.

When you speak to someone and you dont hear them properly so you say 'you what' and they say 'thi heard'

no i didnt thats why im asking what :rant:

people who smack their lips when eating and slurp whilst drinking.

people smoking when im eating

people who bite their nails then spit them out

a certain bf who eats crisps in bed and gets crumbs allover

people who talk during television time

chavs who listen to their mobile 'tunes' on their mobile whilst im coming home from work

chewing gum loudly

i could go on and on

And people eating while I’m smoking!

• 4 weeks later...

I think Dozey was making the same point as I was ... pronouncing the 't' in the words like someone who's just learning to talk ... you know as in artisan's example Jensen But-ton, and men-tal, bot-tel, hospi-tal. The funniest thing I ever heard was a young girl, taking the thing to the extreme, who actially told me she'd hurt her "an-tal" :D The 't' in these words isn't pronounced as 'k' but it isn't used to start the following syllable either ...

Not 'hospikkle' or 'bokkle' but not 'hospi-tal' or 'bot-tel' - you must know what I mean :) "You're men-tal"!

The people who talk in this fashion also seem to be unable to pronounc the 't' in words where it's actially emphasised ... so you get 'wa'er'. 'bu'er'. 'bu'ler'. 'To'ley'

It's just wrong, and very irritating :D