Should fat people pay more tax?

ever tried being pregnant? shock horror, it makes you fatter!!

Only for 9 months though

I keep reading recently that obese people persistantly, in tests, come out as living longer than the thinner people.

They are not sure how this works as it is contrary to all that has been thought right. Not clinicly obese just fatter than was originaly thought good for them.

A case of fatties strike back ??

hazel

yeh that sound great, to be fat an old.

yeh that sound great, to be fat an old.

It's probably because they are happier with themselves and less stressed and more content. great!

I've heard people say this before, but it's just not the case. People are overweight because they eat too much. If energy taken in is less than energy expended, you end up overweight. Simple as that.

are you kidding - if i could lose weight don't you think i would!! if eating 3 proper meals a day (including my 5 potrions of fruit n veg), i don't smoke, i don't drink much, i walk everywhere as far as possible, play footie with my son and so on, i do sit ups (i'm not a flabby fat person just well and evenly stacked, am relatively toned no beer gut or anything) and being perfectly healthy is wrong - then please set me up a diet/exercise plan!

It's a bit harsh to assume that i overeat.

But then obviously i must be a gluttonous pig, must take up more than my one seat on the bus, and live off pies and lard sndwiches.

are you kidding - if i could lose weight don't you think i would!! if eating 3 proper meals a day (including my 5 potrions of fruit n veg), i don't smoke, i don't drink much, i walk everywhere as far as possible, play footie with my son and so on, i do sit ups (i'm not a flabby fat person just well and evenly stacked, am relatively toned no beer gut or anything) and being perfectly healthy is wrong - then please set me up a diet/exercise plan!

But then obviously i must be a gluttonous pig, must take up more than my one seat on the bus, and live off pies and lard sndwiches.

*Sounds :love: to me! ;)

Don't worry about the skinny trolls DD, they have very limited views & beliefs :nod:

I'm sure you're no pig, but please try to understand that it's a very simple matter of how the body works. If you take in more energy than you're expending, you will end up carrying fat.

If you want to lose weight, you must take in less energy than you burn off. You may think you don't eat too much, and perhaps you're not a big eater, but the simple and unavoidable truth is that you won't lose weight until you eat less and/or exercise more.

The key is willpower - people with manage to lose weight, people without it don't.

The key is willpower - people with manage to lose weight, people without it don't.

what about people who couldn't care less and want to eat.

they should pay more tax.

That's their choice, but if somebody has 'tried' to lose weight, claims they can't and they're "the size they're supposed to be", then all they are doing is deluding themselves and self-justifying their own lack of willpower.

they should pay more tax.

which they do by buying more food.

how simple is it -i don't understand why people can't already realise that.

which they do by buying more food.

how simple is it -i don't understand why people can't already realise that.

hasn't it already been mentioned that fast food etc is VAT exempt, therefore they don't. Maybe an introduction of a tax on that sort of food is what is needed and an increase in general on food, the only argument against it i can empathise with, is that it should not force the poor to starve.

hasn't it already been mentioned that fast food etc is VAT exempt, therefore they don't. Maybe an introduction of a tax on that sort of food is what is needed and an increase in general on food, the only argument against it i can empathise with, is that it should not force the poor to starve.

not every one eats fast food.......