Shirecliffe School

Did anyone out there go to Shirecliffe School Penrith Road Sheffield,in the 40's.

I was there 1953 to 55, nanrobbo was there too at sometime.

Hi Clare I was there from (guessing) 1942 to 1949/50 - we moved to Shiregreen and I really can't remember how old I was. I left school at 15 in 1952. Remember Miss Cox Infants Head, Mr Winnera (sp) Mr Moore etc

Hiya there, iv'e got my mum here,Maureen Sellars who also left that school at the age of 15 in 1952, do you remember any of the pupils eg: Dot Walker, Sheila Childs, Jean Littlewood, Sheila Royals, Shirley Camm, and also Teachers, Mrs Turner, Mrs Wright, Mrs Bateman!!(Head Mistress),my last teacher before i left was Mrs Vindyson,can you remember any of these,and what is your name please, await your replay, Maureen.

Hello Clare, the only name I recognise there is S. Childs. I do remember Kath Wright, Diane Rhodes, Pat Green, Tony Kay, Derek Riley. etc My name then was Pat/or Mary Kay. Ps you are talking about Shirecliffe? 'cos the head of seniors was a fella I think- can't recall his name tho'. BUT the memory does go on the blink nowadays.

some of my cousins were Hacketts- small world?

Hello Pat, i do remember all of those pupils you mentioned, but they was'nt in my class, i think you must have been in class A, and i was in class C. I remember Mrs Bateman who was the headmistress and a sewing teacher and Mr Sidhall the headmaster. I went on to meet and marry Terry Hackett from Wolfe Road foxhill and have four Daughters. Regards Maureen.

Maureen it is so nice to meet you, I do remember Mr Sidhall- a short tubby chap. MISS Bateman was sewing teacher and Miss Collins was PT and I couldn't stand her being a non athletic type. Hope your life has been as fulfilling as mine- I just have the one daughter, a total gem. Regards Pat aka Mary

My Dad, Eric Dyson went to a school in either Shirecliffe or Shiregreen I just had a mental block about which one . He is 77yrs old now, does anyone remember him

Toptourist, your Dad is at least 8 years older than Maureen or me. There has been a previous thread on Shiregreen and Shirecliffe schools. Best bet would be to start a new thread with the years Dad was at school. Regard

PS ask him what road he lived on that would be a clue.

My Dad, Eric Dyson went to a school in either Shirecliffe or Shiregreen I just had a mental block about which one . He is 77yrs old now, does anyone remember him

Was wondering if this is the Eric Dyson that I may know.

A long time ago though mind you and from the Arbourthorne area of Sheffield?

Sarah

Was wondering if this is the Eric Dyson that I may know.

A long time ago though mind you and from the Arbourthorne area of Sheffield?

Sarah

I do not believe my Dad ever lived on the Arbourthorne, he lived in Shiregreen . He was an only child and lived with aunts sfter being made orphan at an early age .

Hi I went to shirecliffe school my name is carol morgan? Anyone remember me its was late 1940's to 1950's.