Forum Mountain Bike Ride

Since John_t kindly got my Mountain Bike fixed I'm interested in getting back into shape.

I always enjoyed mountain bike riding (even it was never proper off road biking I did).

Anyone interested in a weekend Bike Ride effort thingy mi bob, where we meet up for a ride in the peak district or summat?

Yes, a few people almost got one off the ground, but when it came to actually going out it all fell apart (me included). Count me in if the time is good, are talking about doing something this weekend?

Not THIS weekend, but maybe one Sunday in June perhaps?

i'd probably come.

just ordered a shiny new rear wheel :D

anywhere in particular in the Peaks? it's pretty big and caters for all abilities (though that depends on the speed you go at in my opinion). best place in the UK i've ridden though.

I'm in.

What about Sunday 6 June? - I wouldn't have been able to make the weekend before as I'll be in Cardiff watching the mighty Palace get promoted to the Premiership!! Eeeeagles! :clap: :clap:

Anyway, where was I. Oh yes, a mountain bike ride. Well I'm new to mountaining biking (have done a fair bit of road biking though) so I'd be please if someone offered up an off-road route that I could learn. However, if nobody has any other suggestions then I found this route on the web which I've yet to try.

The weather seems to be holding at last so I,ve got my bike out too and using it to get to work. There are some interesting urban trails that you can check out at http://www.transpenninetrail.org.uk/

Is this 'event' open to fit and unfit people alike?

Anyone who wishes to come. It's not an endurance test, more of a just get yer bikes out and enjoy the fresh air like!

did this event ever get off the ground or has it just fizzled out?

An invitation: Who'd like to join me for an intermediate ride taking a route from Mike Pearces Guide to Mountain Biking in Derbyshire. (14 miles over 3/4 of which is off-road - estimated time to complete: 3hours). You should be reasonably fit, able to get your bike to and from Hope and carry a spare tube and basic tools for your bike. Discuss this and other possibilities at Walkabout this Sun at 8pm [email protected]

Might be up for a bit of that. When you planning to do it? I'd have to ride out to Hope but that won't be a problem

Any clues as to the route? You going up to Mam Tor and round the ridge towards Hollins Cross?

I've got a weekend lugging furnature for the folks so I might not be back in time for meeting up, but I'll try and make it

Jeez! Ride out there and then do 3 hours biking? I was going to get the train to Hope and back! (Something like £5 return I think).

The route from the book goes up Cave Dale to Eldon Hill Quarries then to Mam Tor and Hollins Cross and on to Nether Booth and Jaggers Cross. I haven't done this before so don't know exactly what I'm taking on, but as I've been cycling to work since the buses went on strike I reckon I'm up to it. http://www.spinac.com