How do Aeroplanes fly?

Lets be honest, it doesn't really make sense does it? Give me all the time in the world and I doubt I'd be able to make a metal tube stay in the air, certainly not long enought to fly to Singapore or somewhere similar.

It's crazy I tell you.

Submarines get on tits a little too.

It is by the power of belief. Becasue people believe it flies, it does. If everyone on board were to all, suddenly, think "Hang on...nothing this heavy should stay in the air!" all at the same time, the magic breaks and the plane crashes.

This is why I don't fly...I don't believe they can fly personally, so I'll have already increased the chances of a crash just by being on one!

;)

It is by the power of belief. Becasue people believe it flies, it does. If everyone on board were to all, suddenly, think "Hang on...nothing this heavy should stay in the air!" all at the same time, the magic breaks and the plane crashes.

This is why I don't fly...I don't believe they can fly personally, so I'll have already increased the chances of a crash just by being on one!

;)

Consensual reality is hilarious.

If only it were true.

Wilf

;)

****, really? Oh god and I'm off to Spain next Tuesday. I might have to drive, cheers for the info.....

If you look at the cross-section of a wing, the air has further to travel over the top of the wing than the bottom. The difference in air pressure on each surface in turn creates lift and holds the plane in the air.

Have you ever put your hand out of the window while driving down the motorway? If you lay it flat you can feel the air flow holding it steady, but if you angle you hand upwards you can feel the air pressure on the underside of your hand force it upwards, likewise if you angle it downwards, the air pressure forces it down. It's exactly the same principle.

Oops. Edited.

If you look at the cross-section of a wing, the air has further to travel over the top of the wing than the bottom. The difference in air pressure on each surface in turn creates lift and holds the plane in the air.

Have you ever put your hand out of the window while driving down the window? If you lay it flat you can feel the air flow holding it steady, but if you angle you hand upwards you can feel the air pressure on the underside of your hand force it upwards, likewise if you angle it downwards, the air pressure forces it down. It's exactly the same principle.

He talks in forked tongues!!!! He's a witch, I tell ya! Burn the witch!!!

OK, the other guy manipulated your point, sorry about that.

And yes, I understand the simple logic of aerodynamics, I was perhaps being perdantic.

I've got GCE's you know..........

No he didn't manipulate my text. I cocked it up and then edited it. It is gone 1 in the morning after all!