Would you move to child-free housing?

If a new estate was built in Sheffield and the only people allowed to buy a property on it were people without kids would you jump at the chance?

Of course there would be people who would have to sell up and move on should they decide to start a family but there would also be people who would never have any intention of starting a family too so it may seem like their ideal place to live.

After reading all about the disturbances caused in some areas would this be a solution for people who just want peace and quiet?

Weren't Hyde Park flats set up that way after renovation?

Here in Whitefield, Bury (but witha Manchester postcode) some time ago they built an estate of bungalows for old and infirm single pensioners. Unfortunately, across the road they also built an estate for families who went on to produce baby chavs who are currently growing up with a chav mentality! Enough said?

Rather than have adults inconvenienced by moving here and there , it would be far better if we could shove all children and young people into huge camps and so leave everyone else in peace .

They would all be given access to computer games and endless programmes of Sit-Coms. Loud rap music would blare out 24 hours a day .They would be fed 5 times daily on beefburgers , french fries and coke .

Huge , well-armed security guards would tour the camps , in threes , to keep some semblance of order. Delinquents would be removed from the camp and made to read books and do " sums " and not let back in until they were literate and numerate .

Most of them would be released when they reached the age of 18 or maybe 21 but , some , of course , would be there for life.

Only in this way will the rest of the population be free of crime , youf culture and perpetual whining .

Rather than have adults inconvenienced by moving here and there , it would be far better if we could shove all children and young people into huge camps and so leave everyone else in peace .

They would all be given access to computer games and endless programmes of Sit-Coms. Loud rap music would blare out 24 hours a day .They would be fed 5 times daily on beefburgers , french fries and coke .

Huge , well-armed security guards would tour the camps , in threes , to keep some semblance of order. Delinquents would be removed from the camp and made to read books and do " sums " and not let back in until they were literate and numerate .

Most of them would be released when they reached the age of 18 or maybe 21 but , some , of course , would be there for life.

Only in this way will the rest of the population be free of crime , youf culture and perpetual whining .

And so on the second day, the Manor was born .........

Once this was in place, the sort of people who 'oppose' children, would begin to find things to object to about each other, and would want each other banned too.

Intolerance for one group is the thin end of the wedge :(

And so on the second day, the Manor was born .........

Oi, The Mannor (Is it 2 N's?) isn't that bad since they flattended fairleight and built the new parklands estate. I know because I have bought one of the houses.... its not too bad but we do seem to see the local hooligans straying accross from city road from time to time but its not too bad at all now!.

Move to a child free complex? Yep, in an instant...even quicker if they made it a people free complex.

No I wouldn't.

I would move to an estate where no one was allowed to play their music at loud levels. Sick of hearing other people's music. If you want it loud put your headphones on. Numbskulls.:loopy:

No I wouldn't.

I would move to an estate where no one was allowed to play their music at loud levels. Sick of hearing other people's music. If you want it loud put your headphones on. Numbskulls.:loopy:

I'm with you bagger! I'm happy living in a community of all ages, so long as we can respect each other's space.

I would, and I have children!!!

I can understand anyone who doesnt want them, its their choice. Why not lump them altogether so they wont complain about kids on child friendly estates?

Once this was in place, the sort of people who 'oppose' children, would begin to find things to object to about each other, and would want each other banned too.

Intolerance for one group is the thin end of the wedge :(

I agree with this. I can see them forming a committe which would regulate how often you must was your car which must be of an approved make.