Need help with Ebay

Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay

• yes
    • no
    • Just show me the results

I bought an i pod on behalf of my brother that turned out to be a fake. I tried the seller, gave him 24 hrs to respond, nothing. Tried e bay, gave them 24hrs to repond, nothing. Traced his phone number and address through UK Info, phoned and gave it the best threatening voice I could muster, recipient claimed to be his aunt and burst into tears, gave her 24 hrs to find the ****, Nothing. I then phoned the local police who deal with the area he was from and gave them the full run down, and also gave them 24hrs to deal with it, or I was on the patch and would rip his head off and **** down the hole. Guess what they took it seriously. Within one week we had full refund. Within two weeks he had been spoken to ref his garage full of fakes. He was also given the scarboro warning that this time he had been rather lucky, in the end his e bay account was wiped.

Job well done to me.

I buy and sell on Ebay. Would recommend checking their ratings before you buy. Try emailing them and saying if you don't get money back you will put negative feedback on. If you get money back put negative feedback on anyway to warn other trusting people off trading with them. Hope this helps.

Thanks happylady, but been there done that just didn't get a t-shirt. :hihi:It's left at the moment where i have left feedback, it's been through a dispute, now it's gone to a claim through ebay, i have even rang these people and they are now fobbing me off saying the father has suddenly died so theres no one who can speak to me. I dont want to be too heartless just in case he really has JUST died.:confused:

You have to be so so carefulon ebay these days. When I first started on ebay (around 7 yrs ago) it was so different, but those days are well gone.

The worst scam I encountered was when I was selling a laptop, a guy from Nigeria (I think) said he was going to buy it and transfer funds to my paypal account. I didn't fall for it, but I guess some do, as you did receive an aucthentic looking email from paypal it seems.

Katas, don't believe that for one minute. Do what others are saying and get the police onto it. They've nicked your money and it may not be the first time. If you do get cops in, update your feedback - you can add notes at a later date to let people know. Good luck

Archived