Would you date someone with kids?

Would you date a parent?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date a parent?

• Yes, I have kids it doesn't bother me
    • No, I have my own kids. I don't need to deal with any more!
    • Yes, no kids but I don't mind
    • Catagorically no!

I love kids, so no, I'd have no problem dating anyone with kids...

And no, I don't mean like that when I said I love kids, I am NO paedo.

Wasn't really any need to even suggest that you were. :confused:

Would I....

My partner (nearly 10 years) has 4 children (none are mine):).

Never been a problem:thumbsup:.

I dont know if I'd mind or not.

I'm only 18 so I dont think I'd be very good at being a stepmum! It wouldnt put me off completely though, I love to see men when they are really good with kids. I think its cos my dad was completely rubbish and I dont see him anymore so to see a man being great with kids, I think hes something special!

I have dated blokes with kids but the exes do tend to rear their heads rather a lot and have caused problems in a few of my past relationships... one ex DIED three weeks into our relationship, I can laugh about it now because it was such crap timing and he hated her but ended up inheriting his daughter full time and so needed (understandably) to concentrate on her. An ex of mine was so obsessed with his daughter to that i felt like i wasn't welcome when she was around. I actually got on quite alright with her mother but i know the ex caused problems in his next relationship.

And the last one, if he is to be believed, has gone back to his 'ex' because he wants to be with the kids - so whilst I don't expect someone not to have a past... I'd now prefer someone whose past IS the past, not affecting the present.

^^^ enough to put anyone off!

It wouldnt bother me taking on someone elses kidz, like wise i would want someone to accept me and my children, if they couldn't accept my children, then no point been togther, it works both ways.

An ex of mine was so obsessed with his daughter to that i felt like i wasn't welcome when she was around.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Edna. If you date someone with children from a previous relationship, they come as a package. If you can't accept that, then a ready made family is probably not for you. However, some parents are totally obsessed with their children, to the extent that the new partner is left in no doubt that they will always be second best. Hardly the basis on which to build a new relationship.

I have 3 kids and my partner has a son and it's never been a problem for either of us.

His ex lives in Worcester but mine lives 10 mins away and does get on my b/f's nerves sometimes because of the amount of times he callls for stupid reasons.

Other than that everything's worked out pretty well and I never saw him having a son as a problem.

well, when I met my ex, she had a 9 day old daughter, who I have spent the next 11 years raising as my own, so although technically there is no progeny from my loins, I have a daughter.

I have never had a problem dating someone with kids, I get on well with kids and adults alike, and I'm sensitive enough to understand all the ups and downs that come with taking on a 'package deal' for want of a better phrase.

I still have regular contact with my daughter, I see her almost every day, and so I am bound to have some contact with my ex. We are still friends and see no reason to fall out.

Anyone who chooses to date me will need to be aware and comfortable with the facts stated above, although they can also be confident that they will be equal first with my daughter on my priority list.

wow, almost an entirely serious post, cant be having that

:banana::clap:

Guest Pauly
I love kids, so no, I'd have no problem dating anyone with kids...

And no, I don't mean like that when I said I love kids, I am NO paedo.

By saying that you're just drawing attention to the fact that it's on your mind matey. Calm down and don't be so paranoid. :roll:

I already date someone with a 7 yr old son and he and I get on really well. He's a funny one. :hihi:

See thats fascinating how its the ladies who find the whole idea so difficult.

Women often see men as part of a lifestyle e.g. they seek 'solvent professional man GSOH" etc rather than following instinct and kids get int he way of that.

I remember a friend of mine who had a loaded boyfriend and loved being whisked off on mini breaks and having loads spent on her. I asked her if she would still go out with him if his career collapsed and he became a binman, she replied "but he wouldnt be Anthony then would he?"

to which I replied yes he would, he just wouldnt be loaded.

My ex-hubby has 11 year old twins (who were 2 when we got together), and the saddest thing of all is that now I have no rights to see them or be in their lives as a result of our split.

I can't have children of my own, but I respect people who can and do, and I regard bringing up a new generation of adults as just about the most important thing any person can do.

I wouldn't have the least problem with being with someone who had children, with one exception. I don't think I could be with someone who didn't look after their kids, or who regarded them something to be resented.