Best Chinese food in Sheffield?

:thumbsup: China Town in Woodhouse Village V.V.NICE never had a bad meal (you can eat in or Takeaway)

I've tried quite a few...Wokmania is probably the most consistently good quality buffet, although Jumbos and No.1 do have their moments (if you visit during the more expensive evening meal times) and are also generally good. Candytown is pretty good, although the only time I ate I bit into what I thought would be sesame prawn toast and found it to be sesame prawn spam!!

Zing Va is good, but has never really grabbed me. The feeling that they think they're doing you a favour by allowing you to eat there can be offputting.

There's a fairly reasonable takeaway near me, but I'm buggered if I can remember it's name!!!

Been to Jumbo for lunch a few times over the Christmas holidays, consistently good. Dunno what the little desserts are called that come in squares on a very small saucer but they are superb

CANDYTOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! The greatest crispy duck in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEEEEEEEE portions, and cheap, and bloody tasty.

I second that! Any of the duck meals there are mouthwateringly good :)

RESTAURANTS

For quality chinese food.....NOODLE INN cant be beaten....

For Atmosphere above average food WONG TING

For party bookings CANDYTOWN

For chinese but different JABU FONDUE

THE WORST is TIM PO.

THANK YOU I KNOW COS I HAVE TRIED EVERY CHINES RESTAURANT IN SHEFFIELD...

I love Wong Ting, especially the lunch time dim sums, I could have those every day :)

Hehn's on Langsett Road Hillborough - 15 minutes from order to delivery, the best chow mein ever and lemon chicken mmmmmmmmmm......

Wok Mania (West Street) we walked out of just before Christmas - it was dirty, no salads or starters - paper napkins lying about in the pools of choc. fountain on the floor. Picked a main course, it was cold - not even lukewarm. As the waiter brought the drinks we just left - would not EVER go back there again. It would have cost £10 a head to stay:o

Must admit I havent had too many great experiences with the chinese restaurants in sheffield, and personally those buffets like Jumbos and wokmania just don't qualify as having food let alone chinese cuisine.

Went to Dim Sums last sunday heard many good things bout their dim sum... after the meal was left feeling like id chugged a bucket of grease, mebbes an off day?? heard v. good things bout Zing Vaa though might try it out.....

Must admit I havent had too many great experiences with the chinese restaurants in sheffield, and personally those buffets like Jumbos and wokmania just don't qualify as having food let alone chinese cuisine.

Went to Dim Sums last sunday heard many good things bout their dim sum... after the meal was left feeling like id chugged a bucket of grease, mebbes an off day?? heard v. good things bout Zing Vaa though might try it out.....

Try Candytown I've never had a bad meal there in 20 years!

Sorry to say but Mei's restaurant was awful went their Saturday night Service was shocking the girls were sat round the corner chatting so had to go up and order, food came and the chicken was not cooked, asked if it could be cooked a little more obviously had been heated in a microwave so ended up leaving it. Only other people in were a group who were friends of the owners...never had a bad Chinese until now...avoid really not worth it Candytown on London Road much nicer excellent service fantastic food and great value for money