Nether Edge - Project help needed

haha sounds great. wheres your local? broady?

mimi

x

in our house we tend to refer to the Broadfield as "the worst pub in the world" - but go there sometimes anyway out of laziness or deciding to go to the pub 2 minutes before last orders

Usually make the short trip across to Chesterfield road to the White Lion

yeh its such a dump but i do now and again as its so close. who u live with then?

in a shared house with whoever comes and goes....and my two moggies =D

but the landlord usually leaves things up to me so I usually know people before they move in. Even the one time that the landlord moved somebody new in, it turned out that he was best mates with an old friend I'd not seen for years.

Squiggs - how do you manage to get served 2 minutes before last orders? In my experience it takes at least 20 minutes to get served, even if you're the only person at the bar!

I used to live on Sheldon Road about 10 years ago, the whole area has gone way down hill since then, I walk through there quite often and always feel very on my guard. Once had a very nasty experience with some of the 'locals' .

Still, Zeds is good!!

Hi there,

Just wondering what those residents of Nether Edge think of the huge housing development scheme that is being carried out by Gleeson at the moment?

Do you think that any negative effects will arise from the development?

Property prices are also set to soar - is this a good or bad thing for you all?

Any information would be a great help as it is going towards a major project for my uni degree!

Thanks!

property prices are soaring everywhere at the moment, the gleeson development does look v nice just not affordable to me! me and my bloke are lookin to move house and its a nightmare as everything is going up in thousands by the week atm.

Biggest Problem... Wostenholm Road being used as a drag strip at night, by guys in dodgy hondas with big bore exhausts... mind you you can hear the stereo a mile away

I recently moved from Woodstock Road. I heard that the site the church was on was deliberately being left empty for some time. I'm told church authorities and local people who go there haven't been able to agree on the next steps, but the old building had to come down cos it was in such a bad state.

They did a pretty cool arts project there a couple of months back, which involved local consultation. I can't help thinking it will end up as flats, though.