Nether Edge - Project help needed

Hi,

I am a student journalist at the university of Sheffield and I have been assigned Nether Edge as my 'patch' for a major project.

If you have any issues you wish to raise or any news about the area, please contact me as any information would be really appreciated!

Thanks.

I've recently moved from Nether Edge. Much of it is lovely but there are some problems where it borders Sharrow. There are a lot of young people hanging around with little to do, sometimes making it uncomfortable for others who come and go. You get some mild aggro, ie aggressive youngeters in souped up cars, challenges, petty vandalism. Lots of areas have lots worse issues but IMHO there is an undercurrent of tension in the area and problems could be being stored up. I think the area is seen as being well to do, but it is crying out for some youth work.

haha god the church , i live right next to it who knows but i heard another mosque-couldnt believe it.

the problem i have is when i sit outside my taxi and two asian lads decided itd be a good idea to come and beat me and my boyfriend up for no apparent reason. thats an issue, they didnt want our money or anything, they just came up to us and hit us both. now they know where we live and were scared to even leave the house sometimes.

sorry to hear that..

..you only live round the corner from me then, but I've always found it to be fairly hassle-free in the last 7 or so years I've lived there (10 years apart from a short stay in Norton Lees).

Although I've noticed that as the roads progress towards Abbeydale Road, the gangs tend to get older with every street. Guess I live on the "nursery" street, as the gangs I encounter are mainly over-inquisitive 10 year olds xD

Wake road now...

I've sorta moved my way along...lived above "sparklers" on Abbeydale rd, stayed short term on Woodstock Road, moved to Wath Road and now Wake...

..no plans to progress further along though, not while the landlord is charging the same rent as I was paying 10 years ago =D