The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Can throughly recommend Steve, top job

Thanks

Phew! Glad its sorted Leuven. My Powerflush machine is still knackered, have not been able to do one for ages! Glad I am busy with bathrooms TBH.

Phew! Glad its sorted Leuven. My Powerflush machine is still knackered, have not been able to do one for ages! Glad I am busy with bathrooms TBH.

You should be able to hire one from your local merchants if you stuck next time I think its about £70 a day ;)

I had my central heating boiler and most of my radiators replaced last year.

Two of the radiators were relatively new, and so weren't replaced.

All except one of the new radiators have thermostatic valves on them.

The 2 unreplaced radiators don't have thermostatic valves on them either. One of them is in the kitchen, under the worktop, and I could really do with being able to control it better than full on or freezing cold!

How much would it cost, roughly, to have thermostatic valves put on these 2 radiators? I know it's a small job, so maybe it's something someone could do with just an hour or so to spare? I'm about half a mile from junction 36 of the M1.

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

TRVs are around £10 each depending on what sort you like. I'd do it for £60 trouble is its a long way for me to J36 do you have anything else you need doing at the same time?

I had my central heating boiler and most of my radiators replaced last year.

Two of the radiators were relatively new, and so weren't replaced.

All except one of the new radiators have thermostatic valves on them.

The 2 unreplaced radiators don't have thermostatic valves on them either. One of them is in the kitchen, under the worktop, and I could really do with being able to control it better than full on or freezing cold!

How much would it cost, roughly, to have thermostatic valves put on these 2 radiators? I know it's a small job, so maybe it's something someone could do with just an hour or so to spare? I'm about half a mile from junction 36 of the M1.

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Corgi gas man is your way try calling him.

Cheers Mickey but S-N-O-W-E-D under........playing catch up for the next couple of weeks, just booking installs several weeks down the line and no time for maintenance/servicing at the moment. Wot recession ???

LOL Tell me about it were working 7 days flat out at the minute two of us and apprentice.

If op is struggling try chris tomolinson at tps he's a WET plumber and should be able to help.

do you have anything else you need doing at the same time?

No, that's the problem..... just have that one small job.

try chris tomolinson at tps he's a WET plumber and should be able to help.

tps? WET??

the term wet for a plumber means they don't do gas work only the 'wet' radiator side of the heating system.

TPS,= tomlinson plumbing services youll find them in the

business directory.

PI PLUMBING & HEATING

ALL PLUMBING & GAS INSTALLATION,SERVICE,BREAKDOWN AND REPAIR

MOB:07936743531 TEL:01142960561

other MOB:07599352509

sorry assumed every one knew what the business directory was.

Have found TPS, but they're way over the other side of Sheffield.

Will probably scout the local papers for someone nearer Barnsley.

But thanks for your help - at least I have a better of idea of how much it should cost now.

Cheers guys!